🍰 Let Us Eat CAKE 🍰

Oh… oh… a cake thread…
This is how spoiled my kids are. My wonderfully talented wife did this Minecraft themed one for my son’s eight birthday. Everything except the candle and a dowel in the sword was edible (if fondant is “edible” in your world)

When she sliced it open there was a gasp and one kid asked “Can I live here?” :grin:

20 Likes

…and I continue to brag about my wife… :grin:
Of course, 2016 was BB8 for my daughter. My kids were big Star Wars fans and The Force Wakes Up was still fresh in their minds…

20 Likes

She’s quite talented.

Kudos.

13 Likes

Wow! That’s excellent! Good work by your wife!

9 Likes

15 Likes

Nice cake day comeback, @Bytebrother !

10 Likes

11 Likes

Hey everyone! It’s @VeronicaConnor’s cake day!

12 Likes

Tina Fey Nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live

Happy Cake Day, @VeronicaConnor!

10 Likes

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

8 Likes
18 Likes

Woah! I know what I’m trying for this year’s Buche de Noel! We’ve done little Marzipan mushrooms before, but never anything like this.

7 Likes

There will be a photo montage, correct?

I mean, it would be preferable for you to overnight pieces to all of us here – that would be best, no question – but we must at least see the evidence if we can’t enjoy it with you.

8 Likes

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

7 Likes

Three weeks in a row now, I’ve appreciated the skill involved in the Sunday Sweets from Cakewrecks, but haven’t felt like any of them deserve to be brought here. Is it me? Do I no longer appreciate sweet things? Grrrr.

6 Likes

15 Likes

That ombre effect would have taken some effort!

6 Likes

17 Likes

Via Dezeen

Yummy Recipes for Learning Human Anatomy by Humayra Tabassum Bakar

"Certain anatomical relationships can be complex for lay people to visualise and understand the spatial relationships and orientation between anatomical structures.

"Creative interventions have proved to be successful in visualising small internal anatomical structures and surface anatomy while promoting knowledge retention and motivation.

"Creative learning interventions may foster public engagement and motivation in human anatomy and provide STEM active learning skills, including motor skills, observational skills, and visuospatial ability that is essential for any work environment.

"For this master’s project, the student wanted to create a 3D augmented reality (AR) recipe book app to teach the public about specific human organs, such as the brain, lungs and intestines.

“3D visualisation techniques such as photogrammetry were used to generate 3D models of anatomical baking. A brain cake, lung cake and cinnamon roll intestines models were created and imported into a gaming engine to create the app.”

10 Likes

12 Likes