🍰 Let Us Eat CAKE 🍰

Yesterday my spouse made me strawberry angel cake for my birthday. Kinda like strawberry short cake. Sliced strawberries are mushed with some sugar and drizzled over a slice of angel food cake. Layer whipped cream and sliced strawberries. A second slice of cake, more strawberry sauce, sliced berries, whipped cream, and finally whole ones for looks. He made the whipped cream but bought the angel food cake.
Pic is not the best. You have to eat it right away or it gets soggy

Edit to add that it was really yummy :yum:

12 Likes

That was one of my daughters’ go-to for her birthdays as well!

It’s a great choice: you can customize for each person.

Hope you had a lovely birthday all round!

12 Likes

Happy belated birthday, Kii! :balloon: :clinking_glasses: (Angel Food Cake and strawberries :strawberry: :strawberry: is my favorite dessert! Yum!!)

12 Likes

I did! Thank you

Thanks and I agree. So yummy

10 Likes

9 Likes

That looks fab; happy bday, belated.

7 Likes

Yeah, the guy involved was named German.

10 Likes

On top of the cake…?

7 Likes

11 Likes
3 Likes

8 Likes

He’s so fluffy!

7 Likes

10 Likes

Happy cake day to the thousands of you who had their old bbs accounts migrated to the current Discourse version of BBS in 2013!

10 Likes

Ten years ago today! There should be a new “rank” of some kind. “Über-Admiral” or something.

9 Likes

star trek cake GIF

14 Likes

Wish I could remember when I signed up for the previous version…

4 Likes

Questions like that can usually be answered by looking in your legacy system’s browser history. Just have to figure out which unit to pull from the personal computer closet museum. :thinking: Hmm, not sure if that would fall under the Godawful Gateway or Damned Dell. The Terrible Tandy is definitely going too far back… :wink::nerd_face:

don't judge me terrell GIF

5 Likes

Excellent cake day, @frauenfelder !

Also - happy cake day to @Mindysan33 !

And while we’re at this, happy birthday, @Tamsin_Bailey !

11 Likes