e3 2015 GIF

Man, I miss that show…

13 Likes

Me too!

11 Likes

Me three

There’s a surprisingly large number of Invader Zim cakes

9 Likes

I got my kids watching it. My son loved Enter the Florpus. On the down side, he now sometimes mutters “poor, doomed child.”

3 Likes

I’m self-cake-posting today. Hooray for me! :smiley:

Source: Ellen-kakku

This is an example of a famous Finnish cake, named after Ellen Svinhufvud, the wife of president P.E. Svinhufvud (in the 1930s). It’s got layers of meringue alternating with layers of coffee-flavored buttercream (usually lightened with cream cheese or similar, these days, possibly with vanilla cream mixed in or as layers of its own), and decorated with roasted almond slices and - traditionally - green marzipan bands and pink or red marzipan rose.

11 Likes

Happy cake day!

Love Island Eating GIF by PeacockTV

14 Likes

Happy Cake Day!

11 Likes

Ooooh… this is a little like the traditional national cake of :new_zealand:, Pavlova but, as one would expect from :finland:, coffee-fuelled and hard-core multi-layered. :+1: I’m going to try this recipe on Saturday… thank you! (…and Happy Cake Day)

And I note (based on a cursory skim of immediately available internet posts) that, like the Kiwi invention, the neighbours to the west of the respective originating countries would like to lay claim to it… :thinking:

11 Likes

Happy cake day, LurksNoMore!

cake-dessert-finland-flag-Favim.com-2338386

12 Likes

8 Likes

Oh, there’s more!

9 Likes

unreadable

13 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes

Who says you can’t have different sides to your personality?

(All buttercream, not fondant!)

13 Likes

Have a Battletech hex-map cake, @garethb2 !

Source, with more pics: Battletech Cake

13 Likes

Now THIS is a Superb Owl:

10 Likes

14 Likes

Tina Fey Nbc GIF by Saturday Night Live
Hey, @SmilingDemon! Happy cake day!

15 Likes