LeVar Burton guest hosts 'Jeopardy!' while history is made

Sure, easy. Just ask the millions of people trying to claw their way out of the hole that is student loan debt.

3 Likes

A peddler.

1 Like

My local station has pre-empted Jeopardy in favor of Olympics coverage this week. No LeVar for us.

1 Like

Did they adjust Patrick’s score down $600 because he didn’t answer the Noriega answer in the form of a question at 3:48?

1 Like

I think overall, the best dressed man thus far has been Buzzy Cohen. But he has an edge because his dad is a tailor and makes his suits. I only know that because I had to google what his deal was as I immediately noticed the perfect fit and style.
So far, pretty much all the hosts have done well. I really liked Robin Roberts last week, she did great. So did Mayam Bialik (she’s in my top 3). And though his show is garbage, Dr. Oz did well because he knows how to be on TV as a host.
Just watched the first two with Mr. Burton last night. He seemed a little nervous, which is totally expected, but I liked him as the host.

2 Likes

I think I must be getting old. Every comment thread that I’ve read about this has mentioned SNL’s Celebrity Jeopardy, yet no one mentions Weird Al.

5 Likes

Oz was ok during gameplay, but he had zero empathy or conversation skills during the player interviews. He could have been replaced with Watson and the game wouldn’t have suffered.

Mayim Bialik has my vote for #1, with Ken Jennings and Robin Roberts rounding out the top 3, pending the completion of LeVar Burton’s week.

1 Like

… having Watson guest host would be interesting, actually. I kinda want to see it now.

Our local station dropped Wheel of Fortune in favor of Jeopardy! and I am so relieved. Jeopardy! must get better ratings.

3 Likes

That’s basically my top 3. I go back and forth taking out and putting Ken back rotating with Buzzy.
I also think Katy Couric did a good job.
Aaron Rogers was good but fuck that guy, he’s too goddamned good looking. :slight_smile:
When he hosted it was literally the only time my wife paid complete attention, hahahaha.

3 Likes

Maybe it should be Fountain Valley?

Or they live right on the (nonexistent) border between Fountain Valley and Mountain View?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.