The People have spoken: LeVar Burton to guest host Jeopardy

Originally published at: The People have spoken: LeVar Burton to guest host Jeopardy | Boing Boing

11 Likes

22 Likes

i’m continually surprised that the stories covering this neglect to mention that the online petition that had over 250,000 signatures was started by… Dick van Dyke! i happily signed it. they should’ve had him on the list from the start.

26 Likes

phaserstolove

16 Likes

George Stephanopoulos! Now thatszzzz…

2 Likes

I may just start watching it again.

10 Likes

That’s good, because I don’t think his last gig selling gin was going to work out.

7 Likes

If Dick van Dyke told us all to storm the Capitol I’d probably do it. Of course he wouldn’t, because he’s Dick van Dyke.

As usual, he’s chosen wisely here. Burton makes perfect sense as the new host.

13 Likes

Burton’s character on “Star Trek: The Next Generation” was probably my favorite in the show. He basically played a socially awkward nerd stuck in crew of extroverted superheroes (though later on they introduced a recurring mentally ill character played by Dwight Schultz to make Burton’s character look a bit more mainstream). I think he’d make a great Jeopardy host.

6 Likes

true, and true.

4 Likes

Someone who has spent decades reading to an audience, an advocate for using one’s brain, I seriously can’t think of a better choice.

7 Likes

Rightful heir. The guest host list stops here.
But give John Oliver a shot every now and then!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.