Libraries become new domestic terrorism target in Trump wave of hate crimes

While hold all books as precious, I would not consider penciled graffiti in six books at one library “A wave of Hate Crimes” or “Domestic Terrorism”. Particularly since we do not know who did it yet. It may have even been someone besides Trump, although the headline strongly implicates him.
This is the same site that raged about “White Supremacists” burning African-American Chuches in St. Louis last year. Although seven churches were burned, the man who did it was not motivated by White supremacy. He was a firebug.

7 Likes

Damn, reads like the GOP platform with the exception of “NO RIGHTS FOR GAYZ!!” being left out.

9 Likes

I’m gonna see it…I have no issues with a movie having a strong female lead

6 Likes

Knowledge is sooo un-American.

9 Likes

“If no thinking is good enough for Herr Drumpf, it’s good enough for me!!”

6 Likes

And in our time, protocol rot as storage technology is updated and the means to read old devices are lost.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Pretty much anything with multi syllable words…thank god there are no instructions on packages of toilet paper

4 Likes

I only recently saw TFA because I’ve never been a hard core fan of the franchise, although I do like the original films well enough.

The offerings from Lucas before he sold out to Disney put me off being in any hurry to see any new installments, because they were all flash and little substance IMO; and because I loathed Hayden Christensen’s performance as Anakin.

So it took me a while to get around to the reboot, but once I finally did I was pleasantly surprised.

8 Likes

I don’t even know what that is supposed to mean, and I believe that I have previously made it clear that I am disinclined to converse with you.

Good day.

9 Likes

It depends on who does it. If it is some little kid, they might have done it for the same reason that they sometimes experiment with profanity. In that case, they need a time out, not a hate crime conviction.
Or, it could be someone like this-

Or it could be a religious nutjob. There seem to be all sorts of unlikely motivations for such graffiti these days.

1 Like

It is just the electrical symbol for Resistance. Nothing more.

6 Likes

#notallhatespeech?

10 Likes

I wonder what @Jilly thinks of this.

9 Likes

Off topic, but someone needs to say this here:
Happy 100 years Kirk Douglas!

7 Likes

I’m just hoping it has some good snowboarding scenes. And a cameo from Bill Nighy would be awesome.

It is just the electrical symbol for Resistance.

I thought it was a Charly Brown reference.

5 Likes

And therein lies what I think is the real problem. People who object to libraries aren’t opposed to literacy. Their problem is that libraries are free to everyone and the government is only supposed to give free stuff to rich people.

19 Likes

I’ve often used Star Wars as my preferred metaphor when describing the basic difference between the liberal and (modern) conservative viewpoints:

Liberals, with their innate admiration for the underdog, the wronged and misused everyman, root for Luke and the rebels. Conservatives dream of being Darth Vader.

10 Likes

I came across a theory that explains why the story telling in the movies isn’t that great. The theory is that R2 is being asked about the events in the movies. Since he’s a droid, some things like Han & Leia falling in love so fast and Anakin & Padme not having any chemistry is due to him not understanding human relationships. It also explains why he’s so badass through the movies.

This is one of the pages I found about it, but there are others out there.

4 Likes

For your reading pleasure horror, please enjoy the extremely Poe-worthy Objectivist perspective on the Scourge of Public Libraries.

13 Likes