Libraries become new domestic terrorism target in Trump wave of hate crimes

'S’truth. Fox News has been arguing for the closure of public libraries for years.

http://lj.libraryjournal.com/blogs/annoyedlibrarian/2010/07/12/dont-argue-with-fox-news-fans/

9 Likes

*cough* Bullshit excuses are BULLSHIT! *cough*

I’ll just set this down right here:

(You’ll have to excuse dude’s creepy ass voice; I think that’s part of his niche.)

The part about being unable to describe any of the new characters without referencing their costumes is especially telling, IMO.

5 Likes

I suppose this is supposed to be provocative, but it’s really just kind of dumb. Obviously no one at Fox “News” cares about your “hard earned tax dollars,” nor do they care about your public schools. Fox “News” fans are absolutely against all government programs until they need them personally, and I doubt many of them are heavy library users or readers, especially if we don’t count Civil War history books.

Zing!

10 Likes

Even if they read civil war history books, they must get tired midway through. They haven’t seemed to realize that their side lost.

14 Likes

From Darths & Droids, but you need to start from Darths & Droids to understand the context.

9 Likes

agreed. Lucas was good for the BIG ideas and galaxy building, but shit when it came to the screenplays. He should have laid out the ideas and let others write the movies.

11 Likes

…if they’re anti-marxist, why are they including RED in their flag/star? Red and black is anarcho-communism.

Anarcho-communists and anarcho-syndicalists aren’t marxist either, although they are non-marxist rather than anti-marxist.

2 Likes

I’m downright stunned that any of these guys know what a library is.

2 Likes

Is defacing library books in pencil really “domestic terrorism?” If hate crimes against Muslims were seen to rise last year, are these recent actions really part of a “Trump wave?”

“Libraries gave us power, then work came and made us free”

4 Likes

It’s a bit baffling. I guess it’s because one of the writers spelled it out a bit more for them. They needed the help.

Somehow, “Hey people, don’t see this movies - the Nazis are bag guys in it!” doesn’t seem like a compelling reason for most people to not see a Star Wars movie.

As a member of the resistance, where’s my (metaphorical) Death Star to blow up, now?

And apparently they’ve decided to stop being coy about it.

6 Likes

See Bannon’s comment.

6 Likes

And to prove how much better a for-profit company is than the public library, I give you as the perfect example: Blockbuster Video.

Too bad there isn’t a date anywhere, to determine exactly when he thought that was the epitome of capitalism.

15 Likes

The successful Southern Strategy is also about Making The South Great/Rise Again.

4 Likes

They’ve got the whiny teenager bit correct, if you believe the Prequels are canonical.

“Congratulations Anakin, you’re the youngest person ever to be on the Jedi Council.”
“But they didn’t make me a Jedi Master. I’m being repressed!”

15 Likes

It used to be the four safe action movie villains were robots, aliens, supernatural creatures, and nazis. Amazing to see nazis coming off the list.

11 Likes

I’d like to think I remember a time when swastikas appearing around the US (including sprayed around my neighborhood) would have caused conservatives to do anything but yawn, but I guess it’s old hat when it’s coming from their people and not a “real” concern.

9 Likes
24 Likes

Well… and there IS the racism.

2 Likes