LIES arrow-stickers for the era of the Alternate Fact

Everything that anyone does is always “at their own peril.”

12 Likes

Richard Spencer fits the bill nicely…

7 Likes

The gun-owning Walter Mitty fantasy, typed jitteringly with one hand.

5 Likes

‘Punch a Nazi’ has become a bit of a running joke around here. Crude as that might seem, it’s fostered serious discussion here on BB on modern use of the term.

I agree with another commenter: the Nazis have their place in the annals of authoritarianism. If we restrict our comparative thinking to this chapter of history however, we are setting ourselves up to ignore the novel aspects of the chapter we are writing now.

Violence is the native tongue of authoritarians. Punch them only if you have to.

4 Likes

I’m sure these stickers will be just as effective as all the sarcasm and smugness before the election

3 Likes

I prefer these:

(To be strategically applied to the likes of:)

5 Likes

You mean from the right wing? Because that was the smugness I saw, every day. EVERY day.

It’s even worse now, obviously: who cares about little things like making our country a laughingstock…we can be open bigots again!

12 Likes

So? No one gives a shit.

5 Likes

Well, since the original stickers are meant to antagonise themselves, it is an effective way to expose those who put them up as crybabies and whiners. Bullies with glass jaws, figuratively speaking.

5 Likes

Sprachkontext ist alles.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.