LIES arrow-stickers for the era of the Alternate Fact

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/08/lies-arrow-stickers-for-the-er.html

4 Likes

Vandalizing the property of a private citizen is not a good strategy if your aim is to convert them to your cause. On the other hand, it’s great strategy if all you want to do is antagonize. This sort of direct action will result in violence. My guess is that most of your targets are 2nd amendment types carrying a weapon. Good luck.

7 Likes

Can’t touch this!:

6 Likes

The photos appear to be on railing, rather than a car. So arguably this is "me too"vandalism of public property, which isn’t better exactly, but at least somewhat less likely to result in violence.

12 Likes

Yep. Saw that. My guess is that they’ll go for vehicles because they are personalized targets.

1 Like

Eh. And seeing this would convince a member of the public exactly as much as if someone put a “LIES” sticker on my hypothetical “Obama” sign.

This is the kind of activism that does nothing but make the actor feel superior, in a petty way.

9 Likes

14 Likes

But that feeling of superiority is so very important! It’s better than social justice any day of the week!

4 Likes

This is counterproductive, passive-aggressive, morally vain bullshit for people who are too cowardly to do the right thing: punching Nazis.

10 Likes

##There is no such thing as an “alternate fact.”

There are facts, which can be tested & proven repeatedly, personal opinions, and then there are LIES.

I will not normalize 45’s endless bullshit.

23 Likes

LIES

3 Likes

Punching Nazis is for those who lack the strength of character to do what is truly good and proper: beheading them, mounting their heads on a line of poles, and stringing their entrails between the heads like festive banners. And sticking LIES stickers over their mouths.

5 Likes

Indeed sir. Indeed.

This means something different in German, it is “read” in the imperative. -

Wow, ok. I don’t appreciate what you appear to be insinuating here. Rather than put words into your mouth, though, what are you accusing hypothetical-“<–LIES”-stickers-users of?

3 Likes

Please define Nazi. Are you talking Trump supporters in general?

Wow, ok. I really don’t like your tone. I’m not accusing anybody of anything. My point is if anybody starts putting these on personal property they do so at their own peril.

Didn’t xkcd basically offer the same thing for years with the citation needed stickers?

5 Likes

Thanks for the personal threats, but mind your own business.

4 Likes

This sort of direct action will result in violence.
My guess is that most of your targets are 2nd amendment types carrying a weapon. Good luck.

My guess is that they’ll go for vehicles because they are personalized targets.

My point is if anybody starts putting these on personal property they do so at their own peril.

Lots of assumed motive and threats of violence here.

9 Likes