Light turnout for Trump inauguration

Now that’s a President!

• When there’s a problem, he acknowledges it exists.
  • Finds the smartest person to deal with it.
  • Provide support and motivation to get it done.
  • When that person proves themself by solving the problem, appoints them as his replacement.

He might be an idiot, but he’s no fool!

22 Likes

Good point. Isn’t that a legal issue right now? As in government officials can’t technically lease government property? I’m sure he’ll just make a kid or friend the lease holder or something.

3 Likes

Feeling kinda sorry for Mike Pence; the inauguration was traumatic for him.

31 Likes

I think thats the point here - the crowd for Obama runs all the way to the Wash Monument. Today’s crowd peters out by the Smithsonian castle (where the south mall drive bends around its extension into the mall).

17 Likes

Yes, is the short answer.
Also, the lease in question stipulates it cannot be held by any elected official. Trump has asserted that he’s given his two idiot sons control of “everything,” but his name’s still on the lease. So.

8 Likes

But real 'muricans don’t take public transport!

6 Likes
52 Likes

The inauguration is today? My bad. That “crowd” would have looked a lot better if I had remembered to show up with my pet ferret, Libtard.

Oh well. Next time.

8 Likes

^Trump’s

35 Likes

Good lord… this is so close to Trump’s actual rhetoric…

2 Likes

What? I thought Ringling Bros Circus was folding up?

3 Likes

Its frightening how much we have become idiocracy.

edited to fix typo.

8 Likes

“all the dress shops are sold out in Washington. It’s hard to find a great dress for this inauguration”.

I guess we can expect 4 years of Trump just saying whatever wild claim he wants to support how hugely popular he is, but it still boggles my mind that he can say stuff that is easy to check, and the media reports it as false, and so many Americans either don’t care or don’t ever hear about it or just dismiss it.

When so much of the population disagrees about what constitutes reality then you can expect there to be lots of trouble. It will get worse before it gets better.

17 Likes

I can believe this one. Even his campaign manager got caught up short and had to visit the year-round Halloween store instead:

42 Likes

Word is that the current POTUS twitter background is from the Obama inauguration:

… Except, y’know what? WHO CARES!? Maybe it’s time to stop taking snide jabs and picking at nits and hurling the snark at this and that and making wacky puns about the latest sound bite and crafting memes about the latest misspelling. Maybe the best possible outcome is that four years from now people will finally switch off the 24-hour news cycle and politics will return to some dour business that only gets thought of once every four years. But that’s probably too much to hope for.

11 Likes

I would totally have attended, except I’d have to listen to dRumpf. So instead, I cleaned my garage.

4 Likes

8 years in the future:

61 Likes

I’m still holding out for this reality is a computer construct/simulation based on the premise of what would happen if you had one or more political figures actively work to destroy the democracy they were elected for shits and giggles.
It will promptly be reset to less insane parameters as soon as Rob’s safe is open.

9 Likes

Obama definitely wins.
Here is Reagan-

GHW Bush-

5 Likes

I stood outside in 2009 for the parade (my mother in law is insane and was visiting – we wanted to leave town). Compared to that day, today’s weather is like going to the beach in peak season.

2 Likes