Light turnout for Trump inauguration

Haven’t you heard? Today’s her birthday. Apparently she had to dress up as a clown for her own party.

7 Likes

I might catch flack for this but I think Melania looked very nice today. That’s the only complimentary thing I can come up with regarding this event.

15 Likes

At security checkpoints, at first, they weren’t allowing any umbrellas, but eventually they relented due to the crappy weather, and allowed compact umbrellas in. The security details are apparently being very thorough, down to searching the tiny pockets in people’s wallets. Also, they thwarted someone from bringing in two cans of ravioli and a can of sardines. DISASTER AVERTED!

(Washington Post)

5 Likes

That does put into perspective how much smaller they were back then. Trump’s is half the size of Obama’s, but still bigger than that. Did people not care at the time? Or RallyBus did not exist yet?

3 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah, it just can’t draw the crowds like it used to.

1 Like

4 years. You underestimate Trump.

2 Likes

Looks like Trump is already inspiring many…

… to stay home.

7 Likes

I am not sure how one would factor for blocked entrances. I have not heard how many entrances were blocked, or how disruptive those blocks were.

3 Likes

Trump already looks like and articulates about as well as a Super Mutant so we’re well on our way.

10 Likes

Is this what DC will look like after the swamp gets drained?

9 Likes

If it were a big deal, I’m sure this would have been well reported.

16 Likes

Well, the blood red gloves are rather appropriate, and look like she’s been vivisecting something, maybe the constitution? Facts? Trump opponents?

15 Likes

I believe the photo was taken by this drone who was really broken up over Inauguration Day.

28 Likes

The Onion is on fire today.

38 Likes

Ben should take a gander at the city tomorrow…

1 Like

If Trump can’t stop a bunch of kids from ruining his inauguration then how the hell is he going to stop ISIS, let alone “Make America Great Again”?

I’ve heard all sorts of things blamed on Obama, conservatives found it very easy to casually connect him to everything that went bad in the world, including one guy who simultaneously blamed Obama for Russian intervention in Ukraine while approving of Trump’s friendship with Putin. Can we now blame Trump for everything? Fair is fair.

38 Likes

[quote=“generic_name, post:57, topic:93289”]
If Trump can’t stop a bunch of kids from ruining his inauguration then how the hell is he going to stop ISIS, let alone “Make America Great Again”?
[/quote] I imagine that even some of his supporters would get a little riled up if he called for drone strikes on DC on inauguration day. Tomorrow, though, all bets are off.

3 Likes

Back in the day we used to have a constitutional republic instead of a monarchy.

6 Likes

Hey, whoa! It’s not like this is a popularity contest or something!

7 Likes