Lightning hits a car going down the street, then it gets creepy

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/07/24/lightning-hits-a-car-going-dow.html

4 Likes

You’re supposed to reach 88 mph to activate the flux capacitor and achieve time travel. This car only managed to summon the dark shadow people with their slow speed.

43 Likes

Nothing a little SCE to AUX won’t fix.

3 Likes

I’d love to know the story behind this. Very strange :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Read some commentary over at Reddit suggesting this wasn’t lightning but rather some sort of fireworks explosion. Lightning strikes don’t usually generate that kind of smoke w/o something sulfurous to burn.

20 Likes

Flash mob!

55 Likes
6 Likes

They were returning from their corncob run and the ‘zombies’ came for the instant popcorn.

3 Likes

Yeah, doesn’t look like lightning at all.

Here’s the thread on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/comments/61hk3x/lightning_striking_a_car_directly/

6 Likes

Get out!

(Actually, I’m just jealous you beat me to that pun :zipper_mouth_face: )

8 Likes

then it gets creepy

Reminds me of something I heard about Russian literature, after any horrible event would come “and then things got worse”.

9 Likes

traditional Quechua, Aymayra, and Callahuaya protocol demands that people struck by lightning be killed because they offend the mountain spirits.

4 Likes

Came for this. Leaving with faith in humanity temporarily restored.

23 Likes

Zombies? That was AAA roadside assistance.

10 Likes

16 Likes

Maybe a Jewish Orthodox part of town?

2 Likes

I wonder what they did to piss off Zeus? I mean, that bolt went right for that car, it did not pass go, it did not arc towards the much taller, more conductive stuff around said car…

6 Likes

You think AAA arrives that fast?

4 Likes

As I’m told by my Russian friends, all of it.

4 Likes

Has the footage been confirmed as real? Not a staged piece, and not CGI of some kind? Something about it just doesn’t look right.

5 Likes