Like Strike part II

I’ve seen threads you people wouldn’t believe. Spammers on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched GIFs glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those comments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.
Time to die.

27 Likes
  • looks at notifications *

…hey.

22 Likes

I almost got involved in this thread, but then I realized, that at 09:48, with a fresh cup of strong coffee (but not Asskicker, so perhaps that’s what’s needed here) … I just don’t have enough spoons to do this.

12 Likes

Or to turn off notifications for likes on closed threads?

6 Likes

what is shit about this stuff?

10 Likes

What did I miss??!?!?!

3 Likes

Not cool. That’s a personal dig.

11 Likes

Man… am I the only person who finds this more hilarious than anything worth getting mad about? I don’t understand…

12 Likes

Like Regulation Policies are a SERIOUS TOPIC and no laughing matter.

10 Likes

8 Likes

18 Likes

So why even address it in a public comment addressed to Liz when she isn’t the person who is annoying you?

Why not DM him directly instead of resuscitating a dormant thread, and thereby escalating the issue needlessly?

I reiterate; Liz never asked anyone to do anything on her behalf, and she has no control over the actions of others.

What was “personal,” exactly?

I don’t care about the excessive likes or whatever motivation you may have had for doing it.

I’m just curious about what it is that’s got you so agitated over something so trivial.

17 Likes

I am with @anon50609448 in that I am going oh wow I wrote that how long ago now…
I am finding it much more amusing than frustrating.

12 Likes

but you have to admit that Liz d’Chgo is a rich source of inspiration for all of us

22 Likes

Has anyone tried just … nicely asking @OtherMichael to …stop?

12 Likes

She inadvertently became a symbol because many of us didn’t want her to leave over something so minor.

I just wish folks didn’t insist on making more of something like this than it needs to be; life is too short.

12 Likes

It looks like it went from zero to full nuclear “This is horrible and you are horrible and I don’t understand why you’re doing this!” with no intervening steps.

10 Likes

Nice!

(not an actual likeness :wink: )

15 Likes

For the record, I do want to make one point about it: while I am not overly bothered by the like-spam, I think there’s something the men here have overlooked. When you’re a woman online and you suddenly and with no explanation get an inbox full of notifications from one male user, it can be …alarming. Especially when some of them are from posts that are several years old.

Now, I messaged someone else and it turned out she was also having this happen and we concluded that OM was just messing around. But if you think you’re the only woman getting this barrage of attention, let me tell you, it rings alarm bells.

18 Likes

You won’t find trees in a desert. Or a dessert. Can we all move on to dessert?

9 Likes