Liked Everything Everywhere All at Once? Get ready for Nobody Nothing Nowhere

Originally published at: Liked Everything Everywhere All at Once? Get ready for Nobody Nothing Nowhere | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Free Guy meets Truman Show?

Could be an interesting metaphor about a narcissistic Incel learning to respect other people if done right…

5 Likes

Though I feel like, however well it’s done, it’s still going to be used for memes by the right-wingers who call people “NPCs.” They won’t be able to resist (especially if the only “real person” on Earth is a white dude).

3 Likes

…Nobody Nothing Nowhere is a wholly original feature film that presents a world and its characters in an entirely unique way.

Professional actors say their lines and hit their marks. This is obviously written by some underling at a publicist’s office. I love the emphasis on “wholly original” and “entirely unique”.

I am reminded of the to-do surrounding the improbable Oscar nomination of Andrea Riseborough. All these big stars suddenly made speeches touting her performance. What I never saw was the org chart showing their representation and Ms. Riseborough’s representation. Kate Blanchett was given a script to read and did so, convincingly. Just because it wasn’t in a screenplay doesn’t mean it wasn’t a script.

Trying to ride the coattails off of Everything Everywhere All At Once, i dunno… the movie title really irks me. And the movie description sounds really derivative as well

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.