Lindsey Graham says "Joe Biden is as good a man as God ever created" in new ad

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/13/lindsey-graham-says-joe-bide.html

14 Likes

Hey Lindsey that exactly why a lot of his base voted for him.

47 Likes

Today is Saturday! I thought it was Friday. I also remember having four quarters in the change bin in my car, but they’re gone now.

Is this how it feels to be a day late and a dollar short? Because that’s what Graham must be feeling.

29 Likes

Hopefully this will hurt Graham’s re-elction as well as Trump’s come November

27 Likes

And here I was beginning to think that Joe Biden was okay…

13 Likes

How does deep-fake stuff fit into political ads ?

Is it illegal to deep fake a person to endorse a candidate ? What if the deep fake was obviously fake as in satire ?

1 Like
13 Likes

One has to wonder what Donnie had the security agencies dig up on Lindsay. Must be quite bad.

24 Likes

Probably something like this.

11 Likes

No. That’s already well known. It has to be really awful- that’s just that he uses rent boys secretly. It’s almost a requirement in Republican circles.

20 Likes

This tells volumes about Lindsey Graham as well as Joe Biden.

5 Likes

Oh…
…bless his little heart.

8 Likes

If true, yet more proof Republicans live in an alternate reality where do as they say, not as they do, is the norm.

5 Likes

These aren’t deep fakes. These are real video recordings of Graham before he went golfing with Trump in 2017 and was shown the Ark of the Covenant.

26 Likes

I believe that those are real. I’m just wondering what would happen if someone made deep-fake of Eric Trump endorsing Joe Biden while serving food in a soup kitchen … what would the legal ramifications be ?

5 Likes

If I recall correctly the Trump admin already did a campaign ad with a deepfaked Joe Biden and the practical answer was “it’s legal if the president does it”

ETA: I’d misremembered. He just retweeted a creepy deepfake gif: https://twitter.com/SilERabbit/status/1254551597465518082

9 Likes

Trump must have privately terrorized Graham to have him go from where he was to being such a complete sniveling brown-noser. Trump psychologically broke him.

It seems like when McCain was around he provided Graham with some moral leadership to cling to, but without him, Graham snapped like a twig.

(Not that McCain was perfect, but he was miles ahead of any of the current crop of Republicans.)

5 Likes

ok.

i give up.

freezone everything, and then fire z missiles.

1 Like

I might actually start beliving in a higher power if Graham and Mitch get voted out of office this year.

6 Likes

The video is from when Biden attended a ceremony marking Graham ending 33 years of service with the Air National Guard. Biden had a habit of doing this kind of thing, and establishing thereby personal relationships with Republican senators, which is part of why he talks so much about reaching across the aisle. What I think he doesn’t appreciate is the degree to which the set of Republicans amenable to this kind of approach has either died, been replaced by tea party or Qanon fanatics, or, like Graham, given up what little soul they might once have had to the Impeached One.

At least Biden now recognizes that Graham is no longer his bff:

16 Likes