Lindsey Graham says "Joe Biden is as good a man as God ever created" in new ad

Or I wonder if he used the carrot approach of offering something that Graham just couldn’t pass up. Greed can be as powerful a motivator as fear, I hear.
Then if that didn’t work, the terrorizing.

11 Likes

But you can tell by his complexion this was well before he went full Tangerscream.

4 Likes

You know the audio is from long ago. If it were more recent, it would be muffled coming from inside 45’s rear end.

10 Likes

You know I used to think that, but since then I’ve realized it’s all part of the DC press corps kayfabe: every month or so (he did it in the last week I think) Graham says something like, “Donald Trump is an uncouth poopy-head!”, and the “press” go all weak in the knees for this brave Republican (the only kind that matters) truth-teller, and he gets invited in all the talk shows, and then he goes back to being an obsequious, greasy, fascist toad.

7 Likes

This goes back to that fateful encounter with the devil at the crossroads where the devil got his soul and left him with… well, nothing. The devil did a runner while shouting “sucker”.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s about right given that McCain was astronomical units behind (restricting myself to Arizonans) Geronimo.

2 Likes

I don’t know about a higher power, but I’ll definitely break out the Ardbeg and put a serious dent in it.

7 Likes

I think in this case, it was the devil who got the raw deal.

6 Likes

True, but at least he had the gumption to be the deciding vote that killed the Republican repeal of Obamacare. I can’t see anyone standing up like that now.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if Putin’s hacker army have shit on politicians and ‘movers’ all over the world.

5 Likes

The ad might be new, but the talk from Lindsey Graham isn’t. This is from 2015:

HuffPost: Lindsey Graham Chokes Up Talking About Joe Biden

With all of Graham’s weasely opportunistic shifting, you don’t need a deepfake to have him say whatever you need, you just need to go back a few years. :man_facepalming:

9 Likes

What could Trump (or anyone, really) do, given that he was dying? He utterly loathed Trump so I do appreciate the “last great gesture of defiance,” though.

4 Likes

I wonder if Lindsey Graham ever gets confused and forgets whose butt he’s licking? :thinking:

14 Likes

Technically, that would include Jesus, wouldn’t it?

3 Likes

He’s not entirely wrong, but the implication that the two are the same is absolutely wrong.

8 Likes

The full quote – from 50 years ago – elaborates:

There is only one party in the United States, the Property party … and it has two right wings: Republican and Democrat. Republicans are a bit stupider, more rigid, more doctrinaire in their laissez-faire capitalism than the Democrats, who are cuter, prettier, a bit more corrupt – until recently … and more willing than the Republicans to make small adjustments when the poor, the black, the anti-imperialists get out of hand. But, essentially, there is no difference between the two parties.

Vidal was mainly living in Italy when he wrote this, and later ran for office, as a Democrat.

3 Likes

It’s also, “listen to what I say, ignore what I do”.

I don’t think it’s like that. Republicans are devoted to Donald Trump, not the party, not any particular ideology, and especially not Graham. If Trump says vote for someone else instead of Graham, then they will. All the Republicans in Congress serve at Trump’s pleasure. There’s no need to blackmail anyone. Either you’re in his good graces or your political career is over. Consider that every Republican who has opposed Trump either planned to retire or die.

1 Like
2 Likes

Well, to be fair, Susan Collins would probably momentarily consider that somewhat concerning.

[Simple comic repetition.]

5 Likes