Lindsey Graham threatens Democrats: "If this is the new norm, you better watch out for your nominees"

Dear Lindsey Graham:

45 Likes

I heard that live. He was implying that the charges against Kavanaugh are bogus, and threatened to bring bogus charges against democrats as soon as they get the chance.

34 Likes

I hope that threat comes back to bite him on the ass…

23 Likes

Oh, well in that cas… wait the fucking what?

16 Likes

Such integrity!

18 Likes

That’s what it sounded like to me. I’m sure a parsing of the exact words would give him plausible deniability.

8 Likes

… Okay. If “we” nominate someone who has committed several sexual assaults in his life to a position where he can shape the futures of women – for whom he has no respect as people – all over our country, then by all means. Put feet to fire. Until then, STFU.

Pssst. Lindsey. I think your extreme white privilege is showing. You might want to tuck that in. Also, maybe that’s because we were raised to not treat women as though we had some kind of innate right over their bodies just because we are men, and you lot were never taught that lesson? Just a thought.

12 Likes

Ooh I have an idea: Senator Graham must ASK THE FBI to investigate the charges!

Gee, I<s> wonder</s> why Senators Graham and Grassley and Brett Kavanaugh haven’t asked the FBI to investigate.

16 Likes

Senator Graham appears to be following Sandburg’s advice:

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell”

Carl Sandburg

33 Likes

Exactly this. The Republicans already set the norm: they’ll block candidates for no goddamn reason at all. If their new position is they’ll block candidates accused of sexual assault, that would be an improvement.

19 Likes

I do hope they had the fainting couch nearby for Lindsey; for safeties sake.

15 Likes

44 Likes

I hate to say this, but I think that wasn’t true until pretty recently. It seems pretty evenly distributed, red state/blue state:

3 Likes

And Franken was pushed out by his fellow Democrats, not by the Republican opposition (who were far too busy defending Roy Moore at the time).

24 Likes

Fair point. I made an assumption that I didn’t support with stats. Speaking just for my leftist self, I’m 50 and I didn’t just recently learn to not be a rapist. But I also wasn’t raised in family that had a lot of money; maybe if I felt my actions lacked consequences to myself, things would have gone differently.

7 Likes

Nah. It’s a crime that has no bearing on you family income, either.

Women, regardless of race, religion, political stance, how introverted or extraverted they might be, rich or poor, whatever language they may speak… Almost all women can tell you stories, from the catcalls on up into things you don’t even want to imagine.

That’s how rare it is for any man to face consequences.

21 Likes

Also a very good point. I would apologize for my gender, but for it to mean anything they would have to stop being monstrous. Looking around, I would have to say there’s not much sign of that happening.

5 Likes

OMG! You mean to say the Republicans are going to play dirty? Wow, that would be a change.

18 Likes

This from the guy who wants to get Jeff Sessions’ job when Trump give Jeff the boot. It’s becoming more and more difficult to find a GOP politician worthy of respect.

2 Likes

At this point I’m not exactly sure where you expect one to be found…

5 Likes