Lindsey Graham threatens Democrats: "If this is the new norm, you better watch out for your nominees"

That tirade reminds me of someone…

3 Likes

So leadership!

5 Likes

And if they do succeed they’ll be left with a Supreme Court justice who is vulnerable to impeachment once the Dems muster a supermajority.

3 Likes

If the Dems bring a candidate with this sort of checkered past, then yeah, let the bastard lose. This isn’t a dumb party thing, it’s fitness for one of the highest seats of power.

14 Likes

That must be why Lindsey forgot - because the Democrats didn’t make a fuss and insist he stay and try to smear his accusers…

5 Likes

Pearl clutching barf lizard. “If you think you can get away with doing exactly what we did, you have another thing coming! The very thought gives me the vapours!”

3 Likes

And if this is not the new normal, it will be because the only reason Republicans won’t use it is if it doesn’t work – and by “doesn’t work,” I mean overwhelmingly, because unless it fails spectacularly, it’ll still make the rubes happy.

After everything the repukes have done over the last 10 years - go f&^% yourself.

13 Likes

Well, considering that much of his record has not been released for examination…

1 Like

I love those head-swivels. Dramatic Kavanaugh is dramatic. Dun-Dun-Daaaah!

3 Likes

Never happens to you huh? Yeah because you just refuse to confirm a legitimate Nomination.

Graham can shove his poor victim whining. You guys have not even begun to get payback for that shit.

14 Likes

I think the Republican norm is to not even let opposition nominees get to the committee… like Merrick Garland.

7 Likes

My concern about Dems being able to muster a Senate supermajority is the demographic trend that will see 70% of the nation’s population represented by 30% of the Senate by 2040, and the self-sorting that seems likely to clump more Democratic voters into that 30%:

Even if the gerrymandering that puts Dems at a disadvantage in the House is eliminated, the Senate is probably going to get harder and harder to control, let alone achieve the requisite 2/3rds supermajority needed to impeach a justice.

11 Likes

You know what? It. Does. Not. Matter. Get out and vote. Vote in local elections. Vote for school boards, city council, state delegates. Get educated about your local candidates. The problem in most places is not so much who votes as who does not. If you are in a voter ID state, help to make sure everyone who needs one gets it. Fight voter suppression, fight apathy. To steal a line, it’s time to take our country back.

5 Likes

I feel like “Are you a gang rapist?” Is not the kind of question an intelligent person would ask in this scenario.

Yes don’t make us send Jules after you…

2 Likes

Maybe, but the other new norm is the nominee just tells obvious lies and the Republicans accept them.

1 Like

Refusing to confirm a candidate would just be standard partisan dickishness at this point. They refused to even hold a single HEARING for a legitimate nomination, which was an abdication of their Constitutionally mandated duty.

10 Likes

Mob tactics.

1 Like

If he’s threatening to file false charges- they should go after his law license.

That’s also conduct that can get a JAG Officer court marshaled. Even a reserve officer; Huckleberry.

13 Likes