Lindsey Graham's Covid infection may have come from Joe Manchin boat "gathering" he insists wasn't a party

Originally published at: Lindsey Graham's Covid infection may have come from Joe Manchin boat "gathering" he insists wasn't a party | Boing Boing

8 Likes

A gathering of ghouls wouldn’t be a party for me, but I have no doubt it was for them.

Anyway, when it comes to tranmisson of this virus, what the hell is the difference?

31 Likes

Manchin: The Gathering?

25 Likes

Fun fact: The house boat is Manchin’s home away from home when he’s in DC.

7 Likes

great, two of my senators, who i really like, were there. my question is, who gave it to Graham? who was the spreader?

6 Likes

Another opportunity, on many levels, to again ask the Beltway “centrists” how the Dems’ rewarding Manchin’s constant bad behaviour is “worth it”.

[Getting ahead of the usual arguments: I don’t see McConnell particularly dismayed at things as they stand even without a Senate majority, Biff’s arse-licker Lindsey Graham is not a “reasonable” GOP politician, and compromise and comity is not possible with the Party of Demonstrable Bad Faith (quickly on its way to a full takeover by a fascist death cult)]

14 Likes

Honestly, it could also be staff. You don’t have a gathering of congress critters without somebody to serve them.

17 Likes

NO! Not a party! It was just a social gathering of people where drinks were served and people could mingle and relax. Why would you say it was a party, comeon!

10 Likes

It says he attended the party the same day he noticed his symptoms, so he didn’t catch it there but he probably spread it to others there.

19 Likes

So there seems to have been a turnaround in some corners of the conservative media – Sean Hannity and Steve Doocy have taken an about-face and are now telling people to get vaccinated.

I think some conservatives see the writing on the wall-- COVID raging primarily through red states, decimating their voting base.

10 Likes

Photo of Graham at the event…

5 Likes

I’m so disappointed hearing that Graham got the vaccine. Wait till Donald’s base find out. If he really loved trump he would have died.

10 Likes

“It’s not a party, it’s just an intimate get-together!”

4 Likes

I guess it wasn’t a party because both parties were there?

2 Likes

“A party without cake is just a meeting”

– Julia Child

6 Likes

It was a jamboree, a shindig, a soiree, a bacchanal, a carousal, a bash, a do, a regular saturnalia, a gala, a kaffeeklatsch - but it was under no circumstances a party.

12 Likes

A box social perhaps?

Also, does Manchin have a houseboat to make it easier to get to international waters?

3 Likes

giphy - 2019-12-05T090625.288

2 Likes

As an ol’ salt I need to argue with that article. Just because you live on it doesn’t make it a houseboat. A 65’ boat worth hundred of thousands of dollars is definitely a yacht. Well, a motor yacht. According to the Annapolis Book of Seamanship anything over 36’ is. Houseboats are basically just barges with a house built on them.

6 Likes

Maybe it wasn’t enough fun to be considered a party. I mean, a sharing a boat full of congresscritters and not a torpedo in sight?

3 Likes