Mitch McConnell is 7th senator to back away from the Republican National Convention

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/09/after-6-other-senators-mitch.html

19 Likes

jw6kF41

47 Likes

The delegates and cult members are expendable.

31 Likes

Wheeee!

26 Likes

29 Likes

Wow. That is some amazingly poor scheduling. Get it together, Republican interns!

13 Likes

I thought it was obvious that the entire GOP was already putting on that show?

17 Likes

can we somehow make them go?

I want them to eat their own dog food

27 Likes

“I don’t want to risk contracting or spreading Covid-19” is a perfectly respectable reason to ditch a convention, but somehow even that position is considered partisan now.

41 Likes

You are gonna’ have to hold their beer.

8 Likes

Dog Bites Man

6 Likes

Could he at least send a stunt turtle?

39 Likes

Translation: “What do you take me for? One of those mouth-breathing rubes who keeps voting for me?”

46 Likes

How can they use “Scheduling” as an excuse because this shait show has been on the books for more than a year.
Oh wait…I know. They’re lying farken liars that lie.

26 Likes

Maybe they’ll do something like the Texas state GOP convention – it’s in-person, but the politicians will be speaking via video. To keep themselves safe, since they’re the important ones…

9 Likes

It’s not even that anymore. Houston Mayor just told the event space that it should use its option to cancel the contract in the event of a health emergency. And they did. No convention.

Proof that, with their PERSONAL, ACTUAL selves and their own bodily integrity on the line, rather than nebulous ‘people’ (because fuck them, right?) some of them are capable of a limited acknowledgement of reality.

I hold out no hope this will bring some sort of dawning realization to sections of the GOP. But it’s nice to be reminded that no, they’re not CRAZY, or even that stupid. They’re just that fucking selfish.

26 Likes

I wonder if they’ll be allowed to vote for their nominee by mail.

17 Likes

Huh - that’s counterintuitive.

25 Likes

Aren’t they staying away because they want to live? That convention is going to be such a super-spreader event they’ll all get covid-20.

17 Likes

Uh, oh, another revolutionary asshole.