Sen. Mitch McConnell freezes up again for a full 30 seconds before clip ends (video)

Originally published at: Sen. Mitch McConnell freezes up again for a full 30 seconds before clip ends (video) | Boing Boing

9 Likes

I imagine US Senators get pretty good healthcare.

24 Likes

Reporter- ‘What do you feel about running for reelection in 2026?’

Mitch-

11 Likes

Just put a spork in him, he’s done.

13 Likes

It’s tempting because of his political policies and actions to make gleeful fun of him, but the older I get the more these moments of his mostly just feel sad to me.

56 Likes

I sure do love being ruled by aging octogenarians who will never live to see the consequences of the pain and suffering they have wrought on the public come to pass.

/s

26 Likes

Me, too; but it’s certainly fair game to criticize Republicans for propping McConnell up like a bad reboot of Weekend at Bernie’s while they simultaneously call Biden mentally incompetent for stuttering. :rage:

60 Likes

It’s sad because retaining political power in office is what matters to him and his handlers more than his health or dignity.

Dignity, yeah, I doubt he has any really.

20 Likes

They purchase it through a healthcare exchange that was set up as part of the Affordable Care Act. It’s actually a little less generous than the Federal health insurance system that most Federal employees have, and which congress used to have until Republicans proposed an amendment to the ACA that Congress should have to use the same new system that was being proposed to provide coverage for employees of small businesses. The Democrats called their bluff and accepted the amendment.

19 Likes

Non-Twitter version

13 Likes

I half expected him to do this:

15 Likes

When he freezes, do you think he starts thinking back over all his life choices that have enabled some of the worst rips in the fabric of US democracy?

Or does he just go off to La La Land, where his conscience will never trouble him?

11 Likes

I assume that his actual medical care is top notch, and he doesn’t get reams of billing and coding spew to fight through alone; but it would be interesting to know whether the surrounding circumstances are working with that; or he’s being treated like a professional athlete or a racehorse, with his ability to continue congressing being his sole relevant property; and his wellbeing a sentimental distraction.

11 Likes

Worth noting how quickly Ms. Taylor stepped in and redirected the scene. “We’re gonna need a minute” with a little wink, then “please speak up” as if that was the problem. She’s damned good at that crap.

11 Likes

He and Dianne should really be forced out for their own safety. It doesn’t matter if you like them or not - I’d be heavily concerned if my relative just locked up like that and not putting them in charge of making any decision more important than “would you like sweet or unsweetened tea?”.

32 Likes

Where does this cross the line into elder abuse? It’s really rough to have to watch.

16 Likes

Windows_9X_BSOD

15 Likes

Given their side hustles and wealth (search for "millionaire congresspeople), they can easily afford platinum-plated health plans.

12 Likes

After last time, I thought he’d learned to never trust a fart.

11 Likes

Twice already. I think I see the problem.

Third times a charm!

6 Likes