Mitch McConnell is 7th senator to back away from the Republican National Convention

I think everyone who voted against impeachment should be required to attend the GOP convention, in person, without masks, and should also meet with delegates and participate in floor activities.

22 Likes

Mitch, you ain’t ever gonna wash the Trump stench off.

21 Likes

Makes you wonder if we’re living in that sci-fi trope where the Earth has an immune system that’s finally trying to kill us off, a la The Happening or One Punch Man episode 1.

8 Likes
24 Likes

So Mitch doesn’t want to go, but he wants our kids to go to school.

I think the truant officer ought to make lil’ Mitch go, and sit in the front row so he can breath through his mouth.

22 Likes

Pretty sure the lieutenant governor meant there are more important thing than plebs living.

23 Likes

Why should they? The interns aren’t getting paid… they are “paid” in experience and CV fodder.

14 Likes

The Republican leaders have realized that they’re all in the 15% death zone as far as Covid is concerned.

5 Likes

Anyone who voted against impeachment should be required to attend. They’re complicit.

11 Likes

My prediction: it’s cancelled, as the reality of the current situation has finally sunk in.

Cancellation will be the final nail in Trump re-election chances. And there will be much rejoicing.

I can dream. Please, let me dream.

12 Likes

“There are more important things than your lives; for example, my life!”

10 Likes

Refusing to reap what they sowed.

5 Likes

No no no, the reasoning isn’t partisan at all. It is a perfectly respectable reason to avoid a convention. It’s the context. It’s a convention these people helped sponsor and promote, despite myriad warnings. This illustrates the sheer broken stupidity of the Republican party, even now they have no plan for the pandemic, such that they can’t even create a convention their own big names want to attend.

But the other problem is the sheer selfishness of it. If McConnell actually feels there is a threat, and isn’t just a self serving sociopath, then his message would be, “people should not attend,” not just, “I will not attend.”

Avoiding the plague isn’t partisan. How you help others avoid it is.

13 Likes

Damn it! That shouldn’t be permitted. They all need to be in there up close and personal.

1 Like

Mitch’s re-election strategy is to Duck! (whoosh) And Cover!

14 Likes

How about cat food instead?

5 Likes

Tell that to all the folks getting screamed at just for wearing face masks in public or asking others to do the same in their places of business.

13 Likes

There are more important things than your lives; for example, my life investments!
FTFY

4 Likes

That’s for the State Republican convention.

Mayor Sylvester Turner is a Democrat.

3 Likes

For that matter, any remotely competent person in any position of leadership would agree that the convention is an unacceptable risk to human health and would develop a plan on how to hold it safely.
This speaks volumes of the total lack competency and leadership of both Mitch McConnell and the Republican party.

10 Likes