Liquid Television's "Dogboy" was a bizarre show based off Charles Burns series from RAW magazine

Oh, how I loved Dogboy, and still do. Along with Psycho-Gram, Winter Steele, Invisible Hands, Uncle Louie, Honey Bunny, Brad Dharma, and Brickface & Stucco.

I really wish more effort had been made to preserve those episodes.

6 Likes

30 Rock Yes GIF by ADWEEK

1 Like

“Hello, Dad!! I’m in Jail!!! I like it here! It’s nice!!”

5 Likes

Man - I loved Liquid Television. My friend would tape it and then I’d come over and binge it with him.

Aeon Flux was the best!

3 Likes

I remember a reenactment of “Black Hole” that was pretty good, but now I can’t find it, grrrrrrrr

3 Likes

Stick Figure Theater?

4 Likes

Liquid Television was great. I had a bunch of episodes on VHS that I thought I digitized many years back, but I seem to have misplaced both the tapes and files.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Looks like this might be it, but I dowanna sign into YouTube to prove I’m old enough to watch it.

Grrrrrrr again…

2 Likes

Seconded. Grrrrrr…

angry series 11 GIF by Doctor Who

1 Like

Same! I used to stay up until the wee hours just to watch The Maxx in university. I still remember the first time I saw it and being captivated by whatever was going on. I should track it down and finally watch the whole thing in order.

3 Likes

When and why did people start saying “based off” instead of “based on”?

2 Likes

I didn’t think it possible, but that thing was fairly true to Charles Burns’s vision. Dog boy looked spot on.

2 Likes

Hey! Look what I found!

8 Likes

Thanks!

Dear Mom, Lost my virginity, as per the instructions… :laughing:

4 Likes

Liquid Television was some of the best stuff ever made at EmptyVision. At one point I recorded a two-hour VHS of a LTV marathon that I enjoyed for years after. Dog Boy was among my favorites!

1 Like

The Maxx series was such great, straight-on translation of the comic. Story, visuals, and mood were spot on. Really exceptional work. Need to do a deep dive on that animation team some time to see what they’re up to these days…

2 Likes

The Thing What Lurked in the Tub!
I never watched Liquid Television but I guess there must have been overlap with Spike & Mike’s collections, where I saw this and so much else.

1 Like

I used to watch Beavis & Butthead followed by Liquid Television back in highschool. While the major hitters, like Aeon Flux, stood out as solid performers for some reason one skit has always been stuck in my mind - Elvis meets the Spider People from Hell.

There isn’t anything great about it, but I guess the concept was plain enough that it made some kind of impact on my teenage mind.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.