Liquid Television's "Dogboy" was a bizarre show based off Charles Burns series from RAW magazine

Hey! Look what I found!

8 Likes

Thanks!

Dear Mom, Lost my virginity, as per the instructions… :laughing:

4 Likes

Liquid Television was some of the best stuff ever made at EmptyVision. At one point I recorded a two-hour VHS of a LTV marathon that I enjoyed for years after. Dog Boy was among my favorites!

1 Like

The Maxx series was such great, straight-on translation of the comic. Story, visuals, and mood were spot on. Really exceptional work. Need to do a deep dive on that animation team some time to see what they’re up to these days…

2 Likes

The Thing What Lurked in the Tub!
I never watched Liquid Television but I guess there must have been overlap with Spike & Mike’s collections, where I saw this and so much else.

1 Like

I used to watch Beavis & Butthead followed by Liquid Television back in highschool. While the major hitters, like Aeon Flux, stood out as solid performers for some reason one skit has always been stuck in my mind - Elvis meets the Spider People from Hell.

There isn’t anything great about it, but I guess the concept was plain enough that it made some kind of impact on my teenage mind.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.