LISTEN: Audio of Trump & Cohen talking Playboy model payoff

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/24/trump-cohen-audio-tape.html

4 Likes

I have to wonder what happens inside the mind of a Trump supporter when these kinds of things come to light. Is there ever a moment of self reflection in which one is forced to privately concede “oh, I guess he really WAS lying about that all along” before reverting to back to “FAKE NEWS!!” again?

12 Likes
4 Likes

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvk6mxRWEAAO2PF.jpg

14 Likes

Totally exculpatory Rudy!

“Giuliani added that Trump was recorded telling Cohen to write a check, rather than send cash, so that the payment would be properly documented. But a payment was never made, Giuliani said.”

5 Likes

I believe “reflexive blameshifting” is the term.

Something something cognitive dissonance.

6 Likes

Was there anyone this committed to Bill Clinton back in the day?

I mean, I can remember plenty of Democrats who said lying about Lewinski wasn’t that big of a deal because it was irrelevant to his performance as a President but I don’t remember anyone insisting the Lewinski story was “fake” or that Clinton never lied about it.

19 Likes

Proof that Trump is powerful, gets what he wants and has sex with hot women. What’s not to love? It’s good to be the king.

2 Likes

Well, Miss L only recently noted that it was inappropriate.

6 Likes

It’s proof that he’s a repulsive Jabba the Hut lookalike that has to pay for sex.

15 Likes

3 Likes

Can we crowd-source an escape fund for Melania?

2 Likes

23 Likes

Oh, pretty much everything about the man.

It’s just highly unfortunate that so many people, like Faust, think that they can ‘deal with the devil’ to get whatever they want, and that there won’t be “hell to pay” later on.

10 Likes

I’m afraid the orange man could kill a WWII medal of honor recipient, skin them and have them hang upside-down in front of the White House, predator style, and his supporters would still let Trump eat crackers in bed.

7 Likes

This is bloody perfect.

1 Like

Unfortunately, it is yet to be determined whether there will be hell to pay. My bet is that he gets out of this mess scot-free, regardless of the mountains of evidence of wrong-doing, and with another term in 2020. It feels very much like this country is in a death-spiral, and I doubt the midterms will be enough of a course correction to fix things.

3 Likes

There will; I believe everyone has a reckoning coming for their deeds, one way or an another.

Whether the public at large actually gets to witness it is another matter, all together.

“May we live to see the dawn.”

5 Likes

Sure, but “appropriate/inappropriate” is at least a matter of personal opinion and social norms rather than a question of basic objective reality. It certainly didn’t take Lewinski 20 years to admit to herself or others “yes, we had a sexual relationship and Bill Clinton lied about it.”

3 Likes