Listen to Siouxsie Sioux's absolutely magnificent isolated vocal track from "The Killing Jar"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/11/listen-to-siouxsie-siouxs-ab.html

6 Likes

I am jealous.

On the other the mention eyeliner reminds me of driving from St. Louis to Chicago with friends to see Dead Can Dance and we were the only ones not all gothed up.

3 Likes

Only got to see her once: with the Creatures, I think, not the Banshees. With John Cale as well.

4 Likes
  • I recently used the isolated vocal track of Starman… first it sounds weird and off but now I can’t get it out of my head.
  • It was good fun when David Wain brought isolated REM vocals to an episode of R U Talking REM Re Me.
  • Recently my headphones broke in a wait that some short circuit created the Out-Of-Phase-Stereo (aka Karaoke) effect, which is the reverse, so it muted most vocals but enhanced compression artifacts. What a trip!
1 Like

Yep, this is awesome. I’m totally a fan of hers.
I don’t have an anecdote so here’s a photo of Siouxsie instead.

7 Likes

I saw Siouxsie & The Banshees in Bath, I can’t remember now exactly who they were supporting, but I think it might have been Ian Dury and The Blockheads; I saw a bunch of bands at the same venue around 77-78, like The Stranglers, The Clash, The Jam, the original Human League, Girlsschool, Johnny Thunders and the Heartbreakers, plus their support bands, and my memories of who supported who is now rather hazy.

5 Likes

Siouxsie Sioux and Budgie were stood next to me as Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue sang Where the Wild Roses Grow at The Royal Albert Hall in 1997 – totally starstruck.

2 Likes

Oh, this takes me back…
A melancholic rainy Sunday afternoon, but in a good way.

2 Likes

You just described most of the UK Goth scene there in one sentence… :wink:

3 Likes

Except the chirpy Cockney Goths…

3 Likes

DYZ-DXqW4AEgK14

3 Likes

bill-hader-green-jealous-rage

2 Likes

I love this. My first concert was David Bowie in 1987, with Siouxsie & the Banshees as the opener. Lucky me got to see her several more times after that. (Bowie only once again, in 1990, when the Sound & Vision boxed set was released.)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.