Listen to the darker, original "Born in the USA"

2el6o9

4 Likes

Funniest thing is how Reagan and Trump ignoramously play this at campaign style events like it’s a source of pride.

4 Likes

Im so happy that I’m not the only one who found that song odd, to say the least since when I heard it first. Same with born in the USA. I mean - whats “happy” about the lyrics?
Satire goes over the head of most people. Especially if there’s a catchy tune to it.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I always thought Green Day’s Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) was a bit of a weird choice as a wedding song, but it’s a popular one.

2 Likes

Obligatory Spitting Image version - they’ll be watching …

3 Likes

Sometimes I wonder if Springsteen head palms himself and wishes he never released this song, considering how many people take it completely out of context.

2 Likes

You are so right. Much classier to play “Chloroform the One You Love.”

Yeah, somehow the opening info about how this song about “bad” desire is all addressed to a “little girl” left home alone by her “daddy” gets very creepy in this version. Yech.

1 Like

Here’s a song you can’t possibly misinterpret the lyrics to, lol

“It’s our song!”

Considering the fact that it’s about a real-life abusive relationship, maybe not the best thing to model yourself after?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.