Listen to the deeply cheesy "Apple Boogie" music cassette released by the computer company in 1987

Originally published at: Listen to the deeply cheesy "Apple Boogie" music cassette released by the computer company in 1987 | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I wonder if the Beatles’ lawyers were aware of this (their epic lawsuit over Apple’s name is why you couldn’t buy their music on iTunes until a few years ago)

3 Likes

Wow, the excessive saxophone solo on that second track is really peak 1980’s.

1 Like

This reminds me of those song-and-dance programs companies used to stage at their annual meetings in the 1950s.

2 Likes
1 Like

WeBoogie

1 Like

They should have had Doris Norton do this music! They had some sort of sponsor relationship (Apple’s logo appeared on her album). Would have been a lot better, though I think she’d been poached by IBM by the time the OP cassette came out.

1 Like

giphy-5

1 Like

This is exactly the kind of thing that makes rank and file company employees die with embarrassment and question the intelligence of upper management. I’ve seen this sort of thing happen before.

1 Like

What the heck is that from?

Much more than you ever wanted to know:

3 Likes

Intended to be a Springsteen anthem, ends up more like Meat Loaf

Unavailable… Someone has an alternate link?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.