Listen to the disco version of the Theme From Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Originally published at: Listen to the disco version of the Theme From Close Encounters of the Third Kind | Boing Boing

2 Likes

No thanks.

Hmm. Kinda not disco-y enough, if you know what I mean.

3 Likes

It would be cooler if the Bee Gees did the soundtrack.

Stayin Alive GIF by Bee Gees

I love the (post-)disco version of John Carpenter’s theme for Assault on Precinct 13

2 Likes

This was a bonus 45 in the original soundtrack LP, of course you rarely find it in used copies of the LP now.

There were also some knock-off LPs back then too, “The Electric Moog Orchestra” for example, who also did a Star Wars knock-off LP with a pretty hot version of the cantina band tune.\

1 Like

Almost sounds like you’re throwing shade at ST:TMP.

2 Likes

Is this Meco, though? The Meco disco version of the Close Encounters theme that I remember is quite different. I would link to it, but apparently I’m not allowed to here(???) – search YouTube for Meco Theme From Close Encounters.

2 Likes

2001 (jazz funk Strauss)

3 Likes

@cryptique You are correct.

Another track from the same album…

1 Like

As god is my witness I thought that was 1980

1 Like

Hands down the best version.

2 Likes

Montana’s “A Dance Fantasy (Inspired By Close Encounters Of The 3rd Kind)” is imo the best take.

I also cannot include links for some reason. But google it you will find it it is over 15 minutes long as any proper disco side should be!

This is the first record I ever bought. A 45 with I don’t remember what on the flip-side. I played the hell out of that record.

1 Like

Perfect music for moving your pointer finger up then across the body and down. And not much else. It is amazing people enjoyed dancing to this music.

I find it inconceivable that people acually enjoyed dancing to this; and I’m using both “enjoy” and “dance” in the broadest possible sense here.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.