Listen to the Kennedy administration fat shame kids in 1961

When I was in elementary school (late 70s), PE was taught/overseen by our homeroom teacher. Each PE period started with Chicken Fat playing on a 45, and everyone duly hated it. My older brother reportedly dug scratches in the record whenever he had a chance when at the time he had been attending the same school, but they kept replacing it.

2 Likes

But how will they know that they are LOSERS, Veronica! We can’t have some kids walking around thinking that they have value if they suck as sportsball! How will we find the truly valuable people among the rabble if we make kids think that they all have worth!!! /s

Honestly, the whole idea that we need “winners and losers” in society is hogwash. We need all of us to figure out what we’re good at, do that thing, and be able to have a happy and healthy life. But some feel the need to be able to look down at someone else who is “lesser” than they are, because they suck at something… and of course, it’s our capitalist society that warps our ideas of what skills or ways of being are valuable and which are not…

Big Boi Oh Lord GIF by Fuse

4 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

You did. :smiley: Or rather, I can confirm it was played on the good Doctor’s show, I can’t confirm that you specifically heard it.

1 Like

A world without winners and losers would be a world with only winners to anyone with a positive attitude.

1 Like

1 Like

Workaholics GIF

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.