Listen to the sound of one screw falling into a turbine engine

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/05/listen-to-the-sound-of-one-scr.html

3 Likes

Towards the end I heard Satan laughing.

12 Likes
4 Likes

I wonder what Wintergatan could do with one of those?

6 Likes

dammit, that’s where my 10mm socket went…

4 Likes

I’m just gonna leave this here.

I want an endless waterfall of the biggest ball bearings that will fit through this, dropped thru the top, like a recirculating infinity pool of ball bearings, constantly refreshed, making these sounds. So wonderous.

22 Likes

Ahhhh! That’s beautiful!

3 Likes

I’m gonna say that if your engine is tipped up like that, your plane is in pretty dire straits. Or is it common to work on them that way?

every time i see this, i’m reminded of the Einstürzende Neubauten show i saw, where they had the inside of a jet turbine engine mounted on a rack sideways, that was played with xylophone mallets… and how awesome that was. so, thanks, Boing Boing, for the memory fuel :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Even worse was in the novel " The “Mouse on the Moon”: “We just found half a fly in the fuel filter when filling up our rocket”

5 Likes

That was my thought. Presumably they’re worked-upon in a way to specifically avoid this?

Great sound, though. Don’t let me near a turbine engine. :wink:

It is a beautiful sound. One that is put to very good use in this music, titled Ghost Turbine.

2 Likes

I want this to be the ring on my phone, or the sound that plays from the ceiling when McDonalds tells me breakfast ordering is over.

2 Likes

Now I want a disused turbine engine to use as an outboard studio reverb tank.

1 Like

I wish I knew a jet engine technician.
Turn that into a ringtone, then secretly set it as my ringtone.
Visit tech at work, give him a call and hope he or his coworkers know what that sound is.

Definitely appreciate some of the memes that came from this video

8 Likes

Subtracting points because the engine isn’t running.

Unlike what happened here.

2 Likes

The wind sounds pretty fierce out there in the desert

1 Like

I just found my new sms notification sound.

bill-hader-green-jealous-rage

3 Likes