Listen to the Stylophone Orchestra who play the pocket synthesizer Bowie made famous

Originally published at: Listen to the Stylophone Orchestra who play the pocket synthesizer Bowie made famous | Boing Boing

2 Likes

This is wonderful! Great find and really cool music.

For some reason, this reminds me a bit of Kid Schurke’s live performances on a Monotribe. I shared some of my favorites in this post Kid Schurke and the art of the Monotribe - Doc Pop's Blog but here’s a good example:

1 Like
4 Likes

I’m enjoying the music!

Here’s my favourite Stylophone performance: 10 Daft Punk Songs On Stylophone | TRIBUTE - YouTube

Wonderful stylophone solo here about 1:45 into it.

2 Likes

My BF gave me a Bowie Stylophone for xmas.

Haven’t played with it much, but it’s quite entertaining.

This album is incredible! Well done!

3 Likes

We got that for Young Master Peas! I was going to get the classic, but couldn’t resist the Bowie edition when it was time to pull the trigger.

1 Like

A friend got me the modern version of this, and I did some light circuit bending to use it with my Video Feedback Device:

On the Device here:

4 Likes

Even the booklet that came with is a work of art tophat-biggrin It really is a fabulous little thing.

2 Likes

Too cool!
Love the puppers, too, also. Plz give 'em each a good belly rub from me :smiley:

1 Like

Will do!

1 Like

Bowie? Kraftwerk? Sadly, the first name that pops up in my head whenever I hear Stylophone is Rolf Harris, make of that what you will.

2 Likes

Stylophone

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.