Listen to these elevators having a conversation with a computer

Somewhere on the site it mentions that the actual data is a lot more information and the English is for demonstration purposes.

Still, if I had one of their elevators I would like the ability to listen in on the English version to see how things are doing.

1 Like

Hey, Uncle Lava, this elevator’s got a bad motivator! Look!

3 Likes

I am not only NOT hitting the like button but I’m telling you that I’m not hitting the like button!

3 Likes

This is why SimTower never really hit. Not enough talking elevators.

4 Likes

From the logs:

10 Likes

Don’t bring us down, bro!

3 Likes

They had one that spoke Arabic but for some reason its permit got suspended last week.

6 Likes

I understand “Keep your doors sharp”–everybody likes a good-looking door–but what do all the references to “Drop Day” mean? Why do they all seem so excited that it is only 6 days away?

8 Likes

It’s probably meant for human monitoring and troubleshooting. Much easier to read a natural language conversation at a glance than decipher columns of numbers and status codes. Like an OBD-II reader that translates the codes into visual gauges and trouble descriptions instead of making you look them up.

Throwing in the little randomizations and words of encouragement is just a fun extra that didn’t cost hardly anything so why not?

4 Likes

“The bourgeois human is a virus on the hard drive of the working robot!”

2 Likes

If there isn’t enough small talk in this world already. :wink:

2 Likes

This whole thread made me laugh out loud, for the first time in days.

But how come nobody mentioned Douglas Adams, yet?

I feel like we are definetly in need of a hyperspace bypass, RIGHT NOW. And, btw, anyone seen the people producing these things to wipe your phone’s surface with, lately?

2 Likes

Isn’t this one a reference?

6 Likes

Consider me ashamed! :blush: I overlooked it on the decend to the ground level scrolling down to the response button.

IoT is going to be SO much fun (for the programmers).

[Edit: ohshit, the first post, too! Oh my. BTW, “defocused temporal perception” basically is what assisted driving is all about, in a way. And actually, as Adams might have known at the time of writing, a clever “random” change of levels by empty elevators based on statistics and stochastics has been around for a long time, I think…]

6 Likes

I was gonna ask if I was being too subtle but I guess not.

3 Likes

Here I am. Brain the size of a planet. And you want me to go down one floor.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.