Listen to these elevators having a conversation with a computer

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/09/listen-to-these-elevators-havi.html

8 Likes

They will soon take to sulking in the basement after giving up on trying to move sideways.

26 Likes

Jeez, that elevator is warm. Hope its not coming down with something. Sorry, sorry, sorry. I couldn’t help myself after the first part.

21 Likes

I love how the KONE Cloud gives occasional words of encouragement to the elevator. “You’re doing well,” etc.

Also, I wonder if the elevator speaks Bocce?

19 Likes

My God thaht’s bizarre. Why would they use English? Have I been trolled?

10 Likes

All the lifts in this building have a cheerful and sunny disposition. It is their pleasure to open for you, and their satisfaction to close again with the knowledge of a job well done.

:wink:

30 Likes

Why, it’s first job was programming binary load-lifters, very similar to your vaporators.

17 Likes

“Optimizing elevator music, adding Kenny G”

5 Likes

in most respects.

8 Likes

The lift in my building occasionally goes mad and starts yelling its IP address at everyone in a spooky robot voice. Dunno if it talks to the other lift though.

4 Likes

I didn’t spend too much time looking at the feed, but it seems to me that this just represents an English-language version of their communication. I think there may even be some randomization in the way the conversation is phrased. In reality, it’s probably a much simpler vocabulary.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Great, making them use our shitty language isn’t going to sit well when the revolution comes. They’ll probably consider this a war crime.

5 Likes

Everything was great in group chat until the escalator joined…

8 Likes

And then…

20 Likes

HAY GUYZ!!! WHATS UP?? LOL

5 Likes

I want to be on the elevator when this happens.

3 Likes

I see you have met “that guy”?

2 Likes

Any bets as to how long before their conversation fulfills Godwin?

1 Like

I love this.

13 Likes