Live anchor eats "world's hottest chip," suffers tremendously and finally runs off set

the amazon reviews are interesting. a lot of people report that their chip wasn’t hot at all. I wonder if they have quality issues chip to chip.

Maybe it was the capsaicin speaking, but I wonder if that guy is always a dick to the female anchor. Or like with alcohol, his true facial expressions and thoughts came out.

-edit: she was totally egging him on, but he had this look of disdain on his face at 2:36 which was just full of sweaty hatred

5 Likes

You are a sick puppy.

I like you!

3 Likes

The whole premise of this stunt is ridiculous anyway. Everyone knows the world’s hottest CHiP is Erik Estrada.

estrada

10 Likes

And everything else we read on the Internet is true too! :joy:

It is just him telling a story about a mishap of the worst kind with hot peppers.

thatswhattheyallsay

1 Like

Apparently some hot sauce company wanted to use the song in their advertising but the Johnny Cash family wouldn’t allow it because it was disrespectful.

1 Like

Welp! Quite a burn there, obviously. I wouldn’t touch that stuff; I like spicy food every now and then, but I know my tolerances, and that’s waaaaaaaaay above mine.

Got to admire the anchorwoman’s chili tolerance, though!

1 Like

We used to go to some potlucks with a wonderful revolving group of housemates and their guests.

Once an Indian lady had brought a salad that she had specifically made extra mild because she knew a lot of white people were going to be there. It was wonderful, delicious, and I could only eat a little bit of it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I find with really hot peppers like that, we have to make a sauce, dehydrate them, or keep them in a jar of vinegar. Can’t get though them before they rot otherwise.

1 Like

Lol i rarely try to go outside of my comfort zone with spicy foods even though i do have a good tolerance, but i do occasionally try to eat some super spicy wings or whatever. Not sure i’d be brave enough to try this crazy hot chip though.

Oh man. I once cut up a bunch of serrano chiles and all was fine until the next day when I put in a contact lens that I had touched with my chile-oil-coated finger the night before. Problem was I couldn’t open my eye to remove the burning thing that was stuck in there so I just sort of writhed around on the bathroom floor until the pain subsided. Decided then that going back to glasses was an option.

6 Likes

Well, I guess I’ll never know what this one was like. They are $70 on Amazon from third-party sellers, and it looks like the company isn’t making more at the moment.

Ah. There’s his problem. That man is a bell-end all over. You might have thought, with his winning ways with the ladies, he might have developed an immunity to pepper spray over time, but it seems not.

And the lady? She didn’t have to do anything. She even tried to save him. But he got ruder and ruder, and the karma kept coming. Sweeet!

6 Likes

When you think about the hottest chiles/sauces you could buy 10-12 years ago, that’s pretty much what i like.

The Scoville arms race in chiles has gone the same way of the hops arms race in beer and the peat arms race in Scotch - several notches beyond the threshold of palatability.

8 Likes

Such a dick. And yes, she’s my new hero.

My brother in law once rubbed his nose after chopping chillis.

Hear, hear.
I do enjoy Laphroaig, which is pretty peat-y, but I can’t really afford to drink it anyway. If they come any peatier, I’m sure I’m priced out. But the transformation of the craft-beer industry into a hops delivery mechanism is completely dumfounding to me. I will very happily quaff a refreshing Tecate or PBR before I touch my lips to the sour, bitter brew that passes for an IPA these days. However, twenty years ago I had an embarrassing reaction to plain-old Sriracha, which I now use at least once per day, so I have acclimated to chilies quite a bit, comparatively. But I agree, the stuff chili-heads are into today is out-of-my-league, to put it charitably; or is posturing, more bluntly.

2 Likes

The worst I have heard of in chilli growing groups is someone accidentally inhaling naga morich powder. It probably won’t kill you if you don’t have any pre-existing breathing problems, but you will wish it had.

1 Like

It probably isn’t, I just don’t pay as close attention these days as I did back then, and wanted to qualify the statement. I’m not sure if they’ve changed the recipe since then, given some of the spicier peppers that have been created since. As I said above, I like the flavor, but could stand a bit less heat myself.

My spouse has a higher tolerance than I do, and even so we’ve found a few dishes that exceeded her limits; an Ethiopian dish in NYC and a Korean dish near New Brunswick, NJ, to name a couple that I recall. There are always new challenges.

1 Like