Liz Cheney joins Kamala Harris on the campaign trail in Wisconsin

Originally published at: Liz Cheney joins Kamala Harris on the campaign trail in Wisconsin - Boing Boing

5 Likes

Sarcastic Brooklyn Nine Nine GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

27 Likes

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

But if it moves the needle on republicans deciding it’s okay to vote for Harris, then this is helpful…

24 Likes

skittish Democrat has an internal dialog: remember when the UK Labour party was rather liberal? (“No I don’t.” ok, fair 'nuff)

7 Likes

I’m trying to decide which cabinet position would be the one least likely to cause damage. I was thinking maybe “Administer, Small Business Administration” (I like the fact that it includes the word “small”) but “Presidential Science Advisor and Director of Science and Technology Policy” is the lowest-ranking one, and would be something like 35th-in-line to assume the Presidency in the official United States Order of Precedence.

12 Likes

That it is the lowest ranking cabinet position I think is an interesting reflection on how we run the country. I’m not sure putting a “good Republican” in charge of something they have historically pissed all over like science is a good idea.

Can we make a color Czar? Like in charge of choosing matching and contrasting colors for decorations at offical federal government functions? It’s not that I would trust Republicans with that position, it is that I think the harm they can cause is pretty limited…

9 Likes

I found it interesting and somewhat encouraging that Secretary of Education is higher ranking than Secretary of Homeland Security or the Director of National Intelligence. Good to know these things in case of a surprise cylon attack.

6 Likes

… it would make for some interesting TV if the First Spouse had to be confirmed by the Senate

1 Like

One of the places I worked in (State) government was Econ Development. I worked in one D admin and one R admin. The desire to drive business to our state was like night and day, with the Rs being much better at it. Looking back I wonder if they were just willing to compromise more.

Sharks be sharks, and if you have laser beams, you should use sharks. It’s a good step to get back to a more non-partisanship governing standard.