Loch Ness Monster seen on Google Earth

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/02/loch-ness-monster-seen-on-goog.html

4 Likes

Google prank. Gotta be.

Either that, or they’ll be reviewing their footage and releasing a (probably playful) statement.

3 Likes

Of course, Google blurs it’s face…

11 Likes

It looks like a stick to me. As usual.

5 Likes

Why does he always look like a sock puppet?

4 Likes

I wondered where he retired to.

12 Likes

Nessie deserves her privacy too, you know.

7 Likes

Oh, wow. An L-shaped blob suddenly appeared in a picture. I wonder what kind of animal that could be.

3 Likes

“On the 13th at 9.45am, I had got my daughter off to school and began to search for Nessie…” she said plainly, as if this activity were normal.

12 Likes

Clearly it was an L-ephant.

16 Likes

How can the shot be considered After when it is date-stamped two minutes in the previous (8:52) from the Before (8:54)?

Did she discover Nessie and time travel?

4 Likes

Those are just screenshots from her phone where she presumably marked up the photos at the times you see.

1 Like

Swamp gas. I’m certain of it.

2 Likes

Folks, if you’ve been hiding for a millennium, it’s clear you packed all your stats into Stealth, and obviously that’s going to roll over into an ability to make digital photos turn blurry right around you. I can’t even believe we need to discuss this.

The greatest trick Nessie ever pulled was convincing the world she didn’t exist.

12 Likes

An L-usive one, too. With an L-ongated trunk.

7 Likes

Really…that’s your point to make…not that she’s an idiot who can’t photoshop to save her neck, but that she manipulated the before photo after (pun intended)?

Wait, I see it, I see it…

…it’s, it’s a great big dead head.
Isn’t that something!

Okay okay, I can’t take it anymore. It was me practicing my nude backstroke in the loch.

(I’m so ashamed)

5 Likes

But what if it’s a sentient stick?

1 Like

Would be interesting if there actually is something in the lake. If it’s, lets say, a weirdly shaped piece of petrified wood (with optional air bubble for near-neutral buoyancy) that floats around the lake and shows up, depending on currents and temperature.

2 Likes