"London's hipsters", according to The Sunday Times

Hipsters had children before it was cool.

This is clearly the end of the hipster trend. The best way to kill any subculture is to make it sound attractive to the mainstream. And, ho boy, that photo looks about as mainstream as you can get.

1 Like

Reminds me of this video, for some reason.

The first line always cracks me up: ā€œThey say London swings. It doesnā€™t.ā€

The GTA guy?

Is this the next phase, the Huey Lewis school of hipsterism? ā€œItā€™s hip to be square.ā€

Although I imagine going around like this in Brooklyn or Silverlake could make a statement and provoke some peculiar reactions from the bearded headbanders.

Clearly heā€™s a Pursuit Officer of the Main Force Patrol on an outing with the family.

You didnā€™t see the leather jackets he buys from Ponsonbys? They are just like the one in the Sopranoā€™s episode ā€œFull Leather Jacketā€.

(Secret truth no one wants to admit: Hiptser is just a synonym for ā€˜fashionableā€™)

Dang, even hipsters themselves have become gentrified.

I donā€™t understand what all the fuss is about. That woman is clearly wearing a scarf: case closed.

1 Like

I donā€™t think any of them are wearing any item that could conceivably be considered on the cutting edge of fashion, therefore theyā€™re not using either definition correctly.

This topic was automatically closed after 6 days. New replies are no longer allowed.