Look at South Carolina's Attorney General spout nonsense about marijuana

Doesn’t SC still allow mini bottle liquors to be sold at 7 - 11 type stores? They did last time I was through there (quite a few years ago, I’ll admit). In the cases right next to the milk, beer, and bread.

2 Likes

I’m a recovering alcoholic who could probably become an opioid addict very easily, a former smoker, and I have similar issues to @anon61833566 with marijuana. Mind altering substances and me just don’t seem to mix well. But that’s because of my physiology. Most people don’t have this problem. Prohibition doesn’t work. It’s never worked. It never will work. And the thing is…this jackhole surrounded by lab coats knows this. This is just his “BUILD THE WALL!” speech, designed to dupe just enough voters to keep him in office or propel him to a higher one.

5 Likes

I used to share a job with a man who had been in the French Foreign Legion. He had a story about a guy who hated life in the Legion so much he decided to commit suicide in the most painless way he could imagine. He ate a kilo of hash. According to my colleague he was comatose for a week, and when he woke up, he was unharmed and in good health - apart from being in the glasshouse. The moral of the story being that hash was “perfectly safe”.
But this original post reminds me of one of Nixon’s minions admitting that the reason - or, ONE reason - they demonised marijuana was to demonise the Blacks, the Black Power movement and the Black Panther movement, by association. This IS the representative for South Carolina. I suspect that’s what’s still in his mind.

5 Likes

Hah, this sounds like the sinus headache meds that I take (over the counter). That stuff knocks me on my butt so I never take it before I drive as it takes at least a few hours to get out of my system. But marijuana didn’t make me that fuzzed out. At worse, I was giggly and a little distracted (still not good for driving) but I knew what was going on by comparison to when I’m high on my sinus head ache meds where it’s like just a few seconds of closing my eyes and I’m out for the day.

2 Likes

NEWS FLASH SC Attorney General signs bill to officially end the Civil War

1 Like

Half a life ago when I was more into experimenting, I read this book: From Chocolate to Morphine. It’s not the most up to date, but I liked the format - for each drug (including things like caffeine), they had anecdotes from people who had tried it and had a wonderful experience and not wonderful experience. I’m pretty sure it includes the ol’ jazz cabbage (which is my favorite new term).

3 Likes

Welcome to BoingBoing!

1 Like

Proper boffins have a lab coat and a pipe.

2 Likes
  1. No
  2. No
  3. Yes. They smoke the best weed money can buy. Sleep like babies.
3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.