Look at this majestic school of hammerhead sharks ready to mate

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/01/look-at-this-majestic-school-o.html

4 Likes

I see boingboing is no longer fixated on bananas.

7 Likes

I thought you meant they were ready to mate… you know… with me. Silly, I know, they’re just ready in general.

3 Likes

It looks like hammerheads know how to get in the mood.

1 Like

“Sharks Looking To Get Nailed.”

16 Likes

I realize these are BBC people who (one presumes) know what they are doing, but for general consumption:

Do NOT lean against rocks, coral, etc. when diving, especially in the Galapagos, where even the slightest deviation from natural evolution can have serious consequences.

2 Likes

Those sharks are giving each other some pretty serious side-eye.

16 Likes

Hey, kids, wanna see a shark orgy?

1 Like

I’ve been to Darwin’s Arch (where this was filmed) and our dive masters specifically told us to hold onto the rocks. This is because of the extremely strong current. It felt strange to do it, because it goes against the normal “don’t touch anything” training.

4 Likes

Thanks for that info. I’ve snorkeled there, but not dove (no one in my circle dives, so I don’t get many opportunities, unfortunately). I noticed that the rocks, in particular, did not appear to have live growths on them…perhaps this is why it’s not considered too dangerous to the environment? Because I know that normally, human needs are not considered important enough to change the usual regulations there.

1 Like

When all you have is a hammerhead…

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.