Lost dog saved by random humans in a car

I have some reservations about aversive conditioning, but I’d rather train her to avoid a beeping collar than have her get hit by a car. Mrs. F is staunchly against invisible fences though, so I’m leaning towards some version of the gopher wire fence defender.

Up to now, Snorkel has exploited easy targets of opportunity, so I’ve installed wooden rails and rebar stakes along the sections of fence that have large gaps above the ground.

Eventually, she’ll get more determined and start testing the chain link that runs around the back of the yard. That run is prohibitively long for wooden rails and rebar. I need something more cost effective and easier to install, probably welded wire fencing, bent into a U and buried on either side of the chain link. Whatever I do, it’s going to keep me busy for a long time.

4 Likes

It might be possible to salvage rebar and other metal bits, tubes, etc. along with random lengths of wood. If you know anyone that works in construction in your area you can check with them, otherwise if you really want to test your luck you could directly inquire with construction or demo companies or scrap yards though i probably wouldn’t have the patience to do so :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.