Louisiana couple stole $1,000 worth of beer from 6 Target stores in 1 week, say cops

If I had a buck for every time I tried to use that excuse when I was in my 20’s…

2 Likes

Nah, what happened was that he used to live somewhere else. His last ex was born on February 25th and he got the tat when he was still with her to show how much he cares. After they broke up, he couldn’t get a date any more, so he decided to move to Baton Rouge so he had a plausible excuse.

3 Likes

“It’s a match made in Louisiana” clearly was just Xeni doing her journalistic duties in noting the location of the incident.

1 Like

I’m from New Orleans, which has enormous local pride. Especially after Katrina the NOLA area code (504) has been on clothes, in songs, and lots of other places including occasional tats. Baton Rouge has no such local pride that I ever saw, so I’m guessing this was some sort of half-trolling response to all the NOLA expats in BR representing the 504

edit: because why not, here is the Soul Rebels’ 504

3 Likes

That is an impressive amount of beer to steal. It really isn’t very hard though.
Just the other night, I was getting groceries for the next few days. I like going close to midnight (closing time) because there’s no lines to checkout. As I walk out the store, I grab my bags and push the cart back into the corral in the entryway the store. As I walk into the doorway, I see a 20ish year old kid come at the door faster than a normal pace, but not at a “stealing lots of shit” pace.
I step out of the way just thinking I didn’t want to get hit and that maybe I did step in his way. It wasn’t until I got to my car that the lightbulb went off that this kid had a cartful of budlight and pretty cavalierly left. The other weird thing was that his getaway car was parked pretty far away from the entrance. Maybe to avoid cameras?

As a long time attendee of the Jazzfest, I’ve seen the Soul Rebels, as well as many of the fine NOLA musicians over the last 20 years or so. I’m wishing I could be there right now to eat crawfish at Sal’s on the West Bank. I have a different trip planned this year, but I’m hopeful that the Jazzfest doesn’t get cancelled by the damn epidemic, because I know what a boost it provides to everyone in NO.

2 Likes

As they say, anything’s a dildo if you’re brave enough.

Two of them shoplifted from six stores over the course of a week. That works out to one each per store per day if they hit every store on every day.

1 Like

That’s still only about $300. :woman_shrugging:

2x6x7 = 9884 durrrr

They each would need to steal just over $10 worth of beer each time. A 24 pack should do it.

1 Like

2*6*7 = 84
$1000/84 = $11.90 per person per store per day

1 Like

Shoot. 6x7 is 42. Totally what I meant.

Still, the math works out. If they hit every place every day they could get out each time with one 24-pack each.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.