Louisiana Senator John Kennedy suggests that people who have a problem with police violence "call a crackhead" for help

Right? Both groups use the same extrajudicial, violent means. But one is more effective and the other is funded by our tax dollars.
ACAB.

14 Likes

Even with this ridiculous straw-man binary choice, the crack-heads would still be the better option in a number of circumstances. Especially in Louisiana.

Reading, every few years, about the cops in Louisiana, I’m constantly amazed that the federal government doesn’t step in, given how dire the situation is. Even by the extremely low American standards, the cops there seem to be particularly inept and utterly corrupt - numerous examples of the cops just outright murdering people - and no one investigating or holding them to account. The situation is like that in a particularly dysfunctional third world country.

12 Likes

NO politician in their right mind wants to be seen as anti-cop; now, if the DOJ started RICO proceedings against the police unions, they might get somewhere.

It’s not just the cops that are inept and utterly corrupt.
The system itself is rotten.
We call it the Prison Industrial Complex.

Or a semi-soft Police State.

8 Likes

Cracker head says what?

6 Likes

Louisiana has a population with 34% Black Americans. It’s not just racism, but also voter suppression.

12 Likes

That’s not what they did in Free Derry, and that’s not what they do in AANES. I think that the idea of “The Woke Police” (as he would likely label it) is more terrifying for him though.

I am not making any recommendations, I am just pointing out that there are alternatives to the current state monopoly on violence.

5 Likes

Mm hm cool.

More relevantly though, what if you hate cops because they’re an openly fascist death squad?

3 Likes

I’m guessing he’s never seen “Bad Lieutenant.”

In other words “why not both?”

Anyway, his logic is like “we can have a defective government agency, or we can have nothing.” Which is like saying “darn it, I got a flat tire. That settles it, from now on I’m just walking.”

3 Likes

Totally.
And it’s the same party saying, “if you dare complain about or try to improve policing, we will leave you to die violently of a home invasion without sending officers,” who then also complain loudly about the US Postal Service ffs.
Imagine a dem saying, “okay, have fun getting your mail when the postal service won’t deliver to your house anymore.”
Such hypocrisy.

2 Likes

I heard exercise is supposed to be good for me

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.