MAGA Sen. John Kennedy begs for more humiliation from ER doctor (video)

Originally published at: Senator Fumbles Again in Gun Control Hearing with ER Doctor

3 Likes

Shit like this is why physicians shy away from public debates of this sort. For the most part, we are used to dealing with facts, science, statistics and, most importantly, the fact-based universe. Facing a Gish Gallop of bullshit from a clearly disingenuous buffoon is not what any of us are trained to do, or are comfortable fielding.

34 Likes

Watch what happens when a dumb person thinks everyone else is dumber than they are.

5 Likes

Once again, Kennedy attended one of the best law schools in the country and Oxford. He’s just another Republican country cosplayer trying to pander to the rubes.

17 Likes

Again, for the second time this week, I am moved to say: see this week’s evidence at the UK Covid enquiry.

Johnson could not even understand a fucking graph. I doubt Kennedy could, either.

5 Likes

Although I agree with you, attending a good school and even graduating from it, does not guarantee you are a scholar.

2 Likes

It does not guarantee you are a scholar, but it damned sure should assure you can parse an uncomplicated English sentence. This is more along the lines of getting to a man to understand what he is being paid to misunderstand. Willful ignorance has no cure from without, only a conscious decision can fix it. I do not expect any such thing form this buffoon.

12 Likes

Projection, as always. Republicans think the other side wants to ban guns, because they themselves like to ban things that bother them. Like books. I’m not surprised that Sen. Good Ol’ Boy thinks 50,000 is an acceptable number of people to die for “muh freedumbs.”

10 Likes

Kennedy is a tool, but isn’t it also a false equivalency to compare the gun deaths of the city of Chicago with those of an entire state?

2 Likes

Well sure. Even a straight per-capita comparison based on equal populations wouldn’t work (and indeed, might reflect more poorly on the kind of majority rural states that NRA shills like Kennedy romanticise.)

2 Likes

A tv trope example:

4 Likes

America’s highest gun death rates are in the South

Map of gun deaths shows lower rates in cities than rural counties

9 Likes

Eating fried food and then dying from heart disease affects your health. It doesn’t randomly murder or injure innocent bystanders. There are… /checks notes… zero cases of a school “fried food eater” killing any amount of children by somehow giving them heart disease.

13 Likes

B-but… people are selling fried food to people who then die from it. It’s just like cigarettes! /s

5 Likes

Then there’s secondhand fried-food-eating.

4 Likes

Hey, I’ve had a tamale thrown at me from a moving vehicle before.

6 Likes

Not good Pie fights are okay, though.

4 Likes

will ferrell burrito GIF

4 Likes

A waste of a tamale, and how dare someone misdirect their anger at a cool person like you!
Withnail - How dare you

7 Likes

Also, everyone dies of something. If you don’t die of heart disease you’ll likely die of stroke or cancer or influenza or any number of other illnesses or injuries. That’s an inevitability of the human condition.

No one needs to die of gun violence.

10 Likes