Love & Rockets and Siouxsie playing at this year's Cruel World festival in Pasadena, CA

Originally published at: Love & Rockets and Siouxsie playing at this year's Cruel World festival in Pasadena, CA | Boing Boing

4 Likes

That sounds like an amazing festival!

4 Likes

We 60s/70s kids are getting old. I hope there’s decent accessibility. Maybe a couple of public access defibrillators… /s

8 Likes

kermit-freaking-out

3 Likes

What a lineup!

Let’s see… the last concert I attended was Rush’s Roll The Bones tour, back in… let’s see…
1992… WTF!!
Tempus Fugit

And we 50s/60s kids have been old.

And an Oxygen Bar for us Wheezin’ Geezers. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Oh, no offense. Just going on the premise that someone’s musical tastes are generally more cemented in one’s teens to early twenties…

1 Like

Which advertising spawned generation is this festival aimed at? Im a “late bloomer baby boomer” and I know it’s not aimed at me.

1 Like

This is all very Gen X

The whole “classic rock” vs “alternative rock” thing is about whether it’s being marketed to stereotypical Boomers or stereotypical X’ers

4 Likes

Ok, I think I need to start saving up for this right now. I love Siouxsie, and haven’t seen her play since the 80s. Love and Rockets I’ve never seen play, and “Earth, Sun, Moon” is still one of my favorite albums ever. I love Love and Rockets songwriting. Thanks so much for writing about this.

3 Likes

Dude… Gen xers! Obvs.

4 Likes

In the late 90’s, it seemed like L&R friggin’ loved playing in Detroit. I saw them twice in 97 or 98, then again a year-ish later on the Bauhaus reunion tour. The second L&R show was a toy drive for Toys for Tots, like they were just looking for an excuse to come back! Oh, how I wish some of these festivals would occur here instead of in California. :disappointed:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.