Stellar lineup for 1980s music festival: Bauhaus, Blondie, Devo, Echo & The Bunnymen

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/12/stellar-lineup-for-1980s-music.html

5 Likes

See you lot there…

fourth-doc-tardis-scarf

23 Likes

Frankly, I don’t think Morrisey deserves top billing. If it were the Smiths, that’d be different. But it’s beyond me how anyone can put that man above Devo, Blondie, Echo & The Bunnymen, etc.

23 Likes

Oh yeah, also, um, Morrissey. When I first saw the lineup, I thought it was a hoax.

Morrissey is a newly minted nazi dumpster fire these days, me no likey, no Morrissey for Papasan.

15 Likes

yeah, that surprised me too. considering how hard he’s worked to tank his image lately, you think they would’ve put someone else up top and him waaaaaay down.

5 Likes

lost me at morrissey

7 Likes

The last concert like this I saw was Heatwave in umm 1980. (Yes, I AM old)

I have seen a couple of the performers, ++, would watch again

4 Likes

To be fair, in the 80s, he was railing against Thatcher with the best of them. I’ll take 80s Morrissey over current Morrissey any day… Maybe they plan to bring Morrissey from the 80s instead of current Morrissey… either way, if anyone goes, bring tomatoes.

also, obligatory…

Wait… I just noted Christian Death is going to be there!

[ETA] And Drab Majesty is NOT from the 80s!

13 Likes

Same! Also - how are all those bands gonna play in one day? Unless there are several stages, which the website says nothing about…

1 Like

With the number of artists, I think that would be the assumption, multiple stages?

2 Likes

Morrissey rides a cockhorse

4 Likes

Nice to see my brother’s band hasn’t been forgotten :slight_smile: Denverite?

1 Like

7 Likes

CNN made the poster…

4 Likes

Memories of this vinyl gem that I picked up at a market stall for $5 about twenty years ago:

All live bootlegs.

4 Likes
1 Like

So everyone will have to go vegan that day cos Morrissey is headlining?

(He notoriously bans meat at festivals he plays at, or tries to)

Not that they’re on this list, but it still feels relevant: I’ve been ripping a stack of live bootleg CDs I found at my favorite recyclery the other day. Among them was a Talking Heads show from Tokyo in 1981. Damn, they were tight!

1 Like

too bad about Morrissey being a raging racist shit bag, though. me and my money will be staying home… and i’ll be very disappointed in a few bands that i really like, especially the 2-tone era ska bands on the bill with the aforementioned racist shit bag. because, you know, fuck racists.

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly disagree. He was top notch in the 80s and 90s.