Stellar lineup for 1980s music festival: Bauhaus, Blondie, Devo, Echo & The Bunnymen

To each their own! But I for one only enjoy Morrisey when he is accompanied by Johnny Marr’s killer guitar skills.

2 Likes

Grew up there but I haven’t lived there in a long time now.

But I knew about the Pinchers before I discovered Morrissey. So thanks to your brothers band I never went through an embarrassing Morrissey phase as a teenager.

Definitely haven’t forgotten about the Warlock Pinchers. Even at close to 50, I still have almost turrets like recall of their lyrics whenever I hear about Gary Colman, Crispen Clover, Morrisey, Highlands Ranch, mimes, Curious George, urinal cakes and a few other things.

1 Like

I totally missed that Bauhaus reunited again. I remember Peter Murphy’s hit-and-run crash but missed his heart attack and recovering.

1 Like

If Morrissey is last to play, and if everyone walks out the moment he starts, that would make headlining a good thing here.

5 Likes

Honestly, his veganism is the least annoying thing about Morrissey. His use of veganism to justify his racism concerns me more.

5 Likes

If you go, make sure you hear some of the more contemporary acts. Drab Majesty and Sextile in particularly are brilliant. This lineup is absolutely insane; would trade a kidney to be there.

I think I avoided it by being too young and because of The Mary Whitehouse Experience

Smiths, The: Seminal 1980s band whose music was born out of the chemistry between its two central figures, Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke. The union of Joyce - quiet, tidy - with Rourke - captain of his local pub team - produced a series of songs more memorable for their drum and bass lines than for their intrusive guitar parts and sometimes silly lyrics.

4 Likes

Completely true…but he like Nick Cave has also been surfing too close to the MRA/alt-right/white rights/anti-SJW thing for a LONG time. In fact Moz has gone over that line many times.

Morrissey-free Marr goodness:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.