Lowered car gets stuck on a speed bump at an auto meet

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/28/lowered-car-gets-stuck-on-a-sp.html

2 Likes

Stupid answer: With difficulty. :laughing:

8 Likes

I’ll tell you exactly how:

• Low rider drives a little slower
  • Low rider is a real goer
  • Low rider knows every street, yeah
  • Low rider is the one to meet, yeah
  • Low rider don’t use no gas now
  • Low rider don’t drive too fast

Might I suggest you take a little trip, take a little trip, take a little trip and see?

72 Likes

Ground clearance is overrated. I want my car to slither along on its belly like a snake.

5 Likes

Probably also a dumb question: Are the wheels supposed to be tilted like that?

4 Likes

I remember keeping a bag of sand, a blanket and a shovel in my trunk. It might have come in handy for this too.

1 Like

That’s called negative camber. Small camber adjustments are beneficial for both lowering and cornering. That car has stupid negative camber though

15 Likes

I was just going to ask how come that this wreck is even road legal?

2 Likes

I’ve seen super low cars get stuck going down driveways

3 Likes

Negative camber: for people who live right next to a tire retailer.

6 Likes

Tire shops also appreciate the drivers who absolutely MUST have those ultra-low-profile tires with big rims. Not a good idea in Illinois, where the potholes have potholes.

6 Likes

Potholes, bus knuckles, “traffic calming” speed bumps, streetcar tracks, road debris, dead animals…

Good luck with that.

5 Likes

The tires stretched over wide rims just broadcasts one’s limited budget.

2 Likes

Gravel, fallen leaves, pollen… :wink:

11 Likes

Puddles…

4 Likes

I would be very surprised if this is actually a daily use car and isn’t just shown off at events.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Car customizer: what u want bro?
Car owner: remember when you were a kid and you’d use your toy cars as roller skates?
Car customizer: say no more fam

5 Likes

oddball

By the way, thank you for sharing that video. It was like being back at school, but without the need to actually learn anything. It made is soothing and diverting. Nice and clear.

I find that, as a middle-ager, that phrase, “I’ve forgotten more than you will ever know, kid!” is becoming depressingly true.

4 Likes

Buddy of mine is a gearhead.

Told me stories about how idiot car modders would cut their springs because it was cheaper than buying shorter, stiffer springs.

Him and his gearhead friend would go drive their weird sport coupe (precursor to DSM, Mitsubishi Starion maybe?) to the tuner meetups near a popular under-25 dance club in town. The tuner kiddies would chase after them to show off their sweet cars and he would take them over bumps that would wreck the undercarriage of their cut spring cars.

Expensive engineering lesson.

3 Likes