Lowes replaced black driver with white one at customer request

Oh! Oh! I know the answer!!!

@HerLong means race baiting!!! And the follow up is “race hustler”, I’m guessing.

Is that a bingo for white people deny racism yet again?

8 Likes

It is!

I was just hoping to get Herbie Long to actually come out from under the bridge and say it. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Oh, I doubt they’re done being race realists yet… give them time!

1 Like

Why is it rude? You’re not talking to the person, or talking about them. You’re not actively trying to exclude the person that doesn’t understand you, you’re simply being more efficient in speaking to your co-worker.

8 Likes

But but, they’re probably talking about ME!!

/s

5 Likes

Actually you missed the mark completely. No bingo for you! I am talking about the “bait” thrown in everyone’s face every single day by media whore mongers who want to distract all of us. smh

Distract all of us from what?

4 Likes

… race hustlers? Oh!!! Maybe I was totes wrong and @HerLong meant Jade helm???

4 Likes

Who has to serve who? Does anybody have to serve?
There’s a difference between doing your job and serving people.

Does the KKK have to forgive black people for anything?
There’s a difference between doing your job and forgiving.

Wait… weren’t they forgiving?

2 Likes

1 Like

Had an analogous situation in the UK with a patient who didn’t want “the Paki doctor” treating him. This culminated in the whole medical team going into the patient’s room during a ward round and the Consultant pointing out how many of the doctors on staff were from South Asia and that the patient was more than welcome to discharge himself home if he didn’t like it … :smile:

We had more sympathy for the WWII ex-POW who’d been imprisoned by the Japanese. He had PTSD flashbacks whenever he saw an East Asian face after dark. Bit hard on the Filipino night nurses who got shuffled around, though … :person_frowning:

2 Likes

Es verdad que mucha de la gente que no estan latino y vivir en California habla o entienda un poquito de espanol. Or at least enough that our slanty eyes or white skins or whatever can ask for something in a store or get native speakers to cringe at our horrible grammar and vocabulary.

5 Likes

Was the new driver “one drop” white? Or merely pale? Or albino? Is it their original skin? Do they pronounce the “h” in “white”, or do they drop it?

I cringed, I cried, I laughed.

1 Like

One of my additional duties when I was in the army in the late 90s was to be on the funeral detail. We covered a pretty large territory of North Alabama, and like most military details, there were people of all races/colors/ethnicities on our team. Our NCO happened to be an older white man. One day, after a service that was pretty far out in the woods, he told us a storythat had happened with him a few years earlier:

They were doing a graveside service at a cemetery in the middle of Westbubbafuck and when they removed the coffin from the hearse and approached the tent, one of the family members pulled him aside to complain.
Turns out that they didn’t want any black/brown people carrying the casket. Not her of course, she didn’t mind too much, but she had some family members who might not like it, so could just the white soldiers carry the casket?
He told her that he understood completely and definitely respected her wishes. He turned around, had the detail set the casket down on the ground right where they were standing, about-faced them, loaded everyone back in the van and left.
That’s how you handle that brand of bullshit. You don’t want one of us there, you don’t want any of us there .

15 Likes

My first reaction would be to tell the customer that it isn’t possible to change the delivery person for them.

THEN, I’d call the delivery guy and say, “Hey, we have a racist asshole at your next stop. If you think you can handle it, make the delivery. However, if you want to bring it back, I’ll take it back out at the end of the day.”

No one should have to deal with assholes like that.

4 Likes

I used to work in a hospital and this was a feature, not a bug, of having multi-lingual doctors. They could discuss patient information in front of me, the IT guy, without worrying about HIPAA violations.

2 Likes

Mainly because the person has no way to tell if you are talking about them.

In what other situations are people expected to cater to someone’s paranoia by changing interactions that don’t even include them?

1 Like