Lulu - an app for girls to anonymously rate boys

Such apps (to rate girls) have been out for months, and they’ve been publicly derided for their sexism right from the start. Of course, that doesn’t stop anybody.

1 Like

Just for the girls…

…because no boy would ever temporarily change his sex indicator to “female” or set up a fake account just to see the results.

Less informed consent and the target audience was in diapers when Hot or Not was launched.

1 Like

Mark, in 14 years, my daughter will also be bringing me “parenting opportunities” like this, and I’m already studying at the feet of the masters (you’re in good company… I routinely use a lessone I learned from watching CLiff Stoll with his daughter!). Can you comment any on how you feel about it, what advice you gave your daughter (or thought of but decided not to give…), etc?

I think the parenting aspect of a story like this is way more interesting that the very fact that the app exists (which is not really surprising).

-jeff

1 Like

Why do I suspect there would be a huge outcry if this was an app for
boys to rate girls.

The same reason that gay pride parades are important and deserve support, and that white power parades are disgusting and deserve to be shut down.

Uh, why ?? Both parades claim to celebrate the virtues of what is claimed to be an intrinsic part of their beings.

As we’re not allowed to judge another set of values, what makes one better than the other ?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.